Waterfront vacation spot around Austin?

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by mynametaken, Mar 5, 2009.

1. mynametaken

mynametaken 100+ Posts

I have been tasked with finding a house on land with a waterfront location around Austin for a week sometime between May and October. It will probably be around 10-20 people at various times during the week. Camping on site is acceptable during the peak times so probably a house for 10 or so would be fine. The only requirement is that it is right on the water and fairly open so neighbors aren't too close. It's going to be families with kids but the adults want to be able to hang out at night without complaints from next door.

What is the best place for this? Lake Travis? Lake Buchanan? Guadalupe River? Anyone have suggestions for places they've stayed?

2. Puffer

Puffer 250+ Posts

The first place I thought of was this rental property on Inks Lake, which is a 75 min drive from Austin. These aren't the nicest houses but it has a great yard and lots of waterfront. If you have enough folks you might want to reserve more than one house.

Inks Lake

3. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

Check this one out on Lake LBJ. The Link

4. Dead Horse

Dead Horse 250+ Posts

5. Dead Horse

Dead Horse 250+ Posts

6. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

A friend of mine's family has a couple of cabins on the Guadalupe River above the 2nd or 3rd crossing. I have stayed there a few times. Great lawn, big deck on the river, tons of water front access...

but I am shocked how much they charge when they rent it out. It sleeps like 15 people per house, full kitchen, cable, ... but wow, not cheap. I stayed there once and had a blast but it was free since I was staying with him and some of our friends.

7. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

search these two sites:
    The Link
    The Link

between the two they will have every unit available