WBB games tonight (01-18-18)

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jan 18, 2018.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Tenn vs Norte Dame at 6 pm CST on ESPN
    UConn vs Tulsa at 6 pm CST on ESPN College 2/ESPN 3. ESPN College 2 is Spectrum 393 in the Austin area.
    others:
    Florida at Arkansas at 6 pm CST on SEC Network (Spectrum 384)
    Mizzou at Ole Miss at 8 PM on SEC Network
    Syracuse at Miami at 6 pm on Fox Sports Plus (Spectrum 319)
    UTSA at Western Kentucky at 7 pm on Fox College Sports Atlantic (Spectrum 372)

2. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

And the first projected 16 seeds will be announced at the half of the TN/ND game. Should be interesting

• Like Like x 1
  3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Whoa, they got Baylor at a 3 seed applying the “Maryland treatment “.

Texas #7 at a 2 seed is fine by me for the first look.

• Like Like x 4
  4. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

We need to take care of business against Baylor!

• Like Like x 2
  5. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

They've reaffirmed their guidelines for years now, you play a ****** schedule and your seeding will reflect that. Coaches know full well what they need to do to get a #1 seed. Nell hit it right on the head, Mulkey didn't know what kind of team she would have as the majority of the key contributors were going to be underclassmen and frosh so I cant blame her. They just cant cry about it now. As a 3 seed they can still get to where they would've gotten anyway if a final 4 is their destiny, no one would be pleased to see them in their bracket.

• Like Like x 4
  6. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Man, Tennessee shooting 61%, but 25 turnovers!

7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Tenn gives up a 23 point lead to ND and now down by 5 in the final four minutes

8. utfannforlife

I certainly spoke too soon. I cant think of a more epic collapse in WBB history. To lead a game by 25 and lose by 14 must be an agonizing feeling.

9. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Why didn't Tennessee's coach call a timeout when things were getting out of hand?

10. utfannforlife

She did. And a lot of ND's run came at the end of 3 and beginning of 4. She called a TO midway through 4 and that didn't stop them either. There's also a part where we have to give ND credit as well. They came and took it

• Like Like x 1
  11. LutherIsMyDog

ND certainly deserves the credit but Tennessee looked totally overwhelmed. They needed to regroup and settle down. I'm fairly certain the game ended with Tennessee having two timeouts to spare. I doubt they would have won the game but a time out could have slowed down ND's momentum.

12. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Tenn just collapsed. It was amazing to watch. I actually wanted Tenn to win but my gosh ND just decided to win and that was that. The big girl from Tennessee didn’t even touch the ball for most of the second half. Incredible performance by the Irish.

Now watching #11 Missouri v Ole Miss and Missouri is really good

13. LutherIsMyDog

Is the SEC the strongest conference from top to bottom in WBB this year?

The SEC has Miss State (3), Tennessee (6), South Carolina (10), Missouri (11) and Tx A&M (16).

The ACC has Louisville (2), Notre Dame (5), FSU (12), Duke (15).

The Big 12 has Baylor (4), Texas (9), WVU (17) and OSU (24).

The Big 10 has Ohio State (8), Maryland (14), Michigan (19) and Rutgers (25).

14. utfannforlife

From top to bottom I still give the B12 and the B10 an edge. Looking at teams like Tech and Kansas, or Iowa or Penn St. they can beat a team like A&m or Mizzou. Cant say the same for the likes of Vandy and Florida

• Like Like x 1
  15. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

Don't forget about the Pac 12 with Oregon, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon State, CAL, and Arizona State. Although the Pac 12 probably isn't quite as good this year as they were last year, they still have a lot of capable teams. I think the SEC is probably the toughest overall. While Florida is not very good, Florida did beat Oklahoma earlier this year by 19 in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LutherIsMyDog

Have any of you seen Oregon play this year? Are they worthy of a #1 seed? I haven't watched any Pac 12 games this year (other than UCLA and OSU).