We used to simply call them 'Stationwagons'

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by Napoleon, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

The Dallas Morning News has an article on some new Toyota creation.

2. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

It looks a hell of a lot like a Murano.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

When it comes to wagons, nobody swings like Ford
    [​IMG]

4. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

Jeeeze ... look at the hood on that thing, Boza. It's bigger than my king size bed! It is also bigger than a Toyota Yaris.

5. GarCiaRia

GarCiaRia 100+ Posts

Jebus, look at the spread between the wheels!

6. we had one growing up.
    we were white trash.

7. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Stationwagons were cool. Anybody have one with the rumble seat in the back that faced rear? Those were the ****.

8. TahoeHorn

TahoeHorn 1,000+ Posts

Our '66 Plymouth Fury had a seat facing the rear. But if you rolled down the rear window you got exhaust fumes and lots of road dust. We lived on a gravel road.

I figure SUVs have four wheel drive. If it's two whheel it's a station wagon for men.

9. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

10. Sgt. Longhorn

Sgt. Longhorn 100+ Posts

My buddy calls all SUVs stationwagons with lift kits.

11. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

the backward facing seat was the absolute total **** for a 6-11 year old boy.

We got ours in 1980. Damn thing lasted until 1989- it spent 4 years in Hawaii, and finally had to be scrapped due to the salt air ******* up the frame (rust-o-matic)

But it was freaking huge, drove like a tank, and my mother constantly called it the Battlestar Gallactica....

But she HATED the thing.

12. LadyHornAustin

LadyHornAustin 100+ Posts

13. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

14. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

The Ford Country Squires had the dual benches facing side to side. Our family had those throughout the '70s into the '80s. Our family trips consisted of putting the back seat down and making a bed for the three kids. Then we would drive, fart, punch each other, and occasionally sleep from Dallas to the greater Kansas City area to visit relatives. That's what we called a "vacation" back then.

The GM stationwagons had the "way back" bench seat that would lift up to face the back window. A friend of mine gave me one of these (well his family did) after he got a new car for our senior year. I usually left a futon in the way back so that I was prepared to crash no matter where I was. Never shared the mattress with a girl though. [​IMG]

Stationwagons... THEY'RE BACK!!

15. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I find this news bold and exciting.

16. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

wagon queen family truckster:

[​IMG]

17. Ave. H Horn

Ave. H Horn 100+ Posts

HA! Too funny. My soon to be ex-brother-in-law has a dodge magnum. He thinks it s the coolest "hotrod". I promptly lost his cool when I kept telling him it was a station wagon & that the vista cruiser from "that 70's show" was just as big a powerful.

[​IMG]

18. TXINPHX

TXINPHX < 25 Posts

19. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

Stationwagon or Hearse...

I think that that Dodge Magnum is cool! (And I said that it was a sta-wag from the beginning.

[​IMG]

20. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

When it comes to station wagons, I think Pontiac is pretty badass.

[​IMG]

21. Orange Salad Ranch

Orange Salad Ranch 250+ Posts

Stationwagons? Lame. We had one of these:
    [​IMG]

22. Praise of Folly

Praise of Folly 100+ Posts

23. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

24. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

25. The Dog

The Dog 250+ Posts

most of the 'crossovers' are just jacked up station wagons. the automakers put an SUV body on a car frame because 'mom' doesn't like driving a 'truck' and that's the result (or 'mom' has issues with a minivan - as is the case in my household with my wife).

that being said, most of these 'crossovers' are very sweet rides.

26. CavalierHorn

CavalierHorn 25+ Posts

i drive this bad boy

edit: well not this
    one but looks just like it

27. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

I grew up with a station wagon with a rear facing back seat. I loved that thing. We also would lay the back seats down and play when we went on long trips. Didn't sit in a seat at all, much less use a seat belt or a car seat.

Yea, I like station wagons, or even minivans (for the room you can't beat 'em), but my wife is horrified by either. I like that the new Chrysler minivan has the rear facing captians chairs and a table. great for a family. My wife will only drive a SUV. I talked her into a crossover (for better fuel economy, but still looks like an SUV) like the Saturn Outlook.

28. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

We did not have that rear facing seat but we would actually ride on the tailgate itself down Lamar Blvd going to the Chief Drive-In. It is a wonder I am still alive.

29. ths71

ths71 100+ Posts

I've always liked Wagons. Dad had one of these.
    [​IMG]

30. HornsOverIthaca

HornsOverIthaca 250+ Posts

[​IMG]

If someone asks you if you are a god, just point them in the direction of your vehicle.