well, well

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by naijahorn, Jan 25, 2008.

1. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

2. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

I am definitely not a fan of the Clintons, but I don't think that this picture is a big deal. One, I am sure that a President and his wife will take thousands of pictures with people that they my know well or not well. A picture with someone doesn't mean that they had a strong relationship with that person. So I think this is being blown out of proportion like everything else.

3. Ralphie

Ralphie 500+ Posts

That picture doesn't tell us anything. Ever been to a political fundraiser? The candidate/officeholders take pictures with folks whose names they never know, people they've never seen, just people who write a check to get in the door.

4. Super

Super 500+ Posts

Ha.

I loved the way her lips tightened up and her smile went south after they cut back to her from the picture.

Hey, it's just politics, right, Hill? [​IMG]

5. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

Who is that? A young Dr. Phil?

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

did obama's campaign leak this?
    I guess I am surpriswed Machine Clintondidn't get in front of this
    It seems like a simple silly pic like millions of them on all sides
    BUT it did score points against her. not many but some

7. Fried JJ Pickles

Fried JJ Pickles 1,000+ Posts

I have a picture with Hillary.

I'd bet anything that if she saw me she again she would have no idea who I am or any recollection of ever seeing me before.

As compelling as that evidence may seem on the surface, it doesn't mean anything.

8. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

She can spin out of it quite easily -

Rezko didn't give me money and didn't help me by my house. He was a hanger-oner and didn't find a receptive audience with Bill or me. Obama wasn't as experienced to recognize why he shouldn't associate himself with Rezko. Experience does matter.

Of course, she has her own fund raiser problem.

If you go to a fund raiser, you can get your picture taken with President/candidate/candidate's wife.

9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I don't think naij is saying the pic itself means anything. I think naj is commenting on media putting it out there
    Not trying to speak for Naj, I am just interested that media would make a deal of it
    I thought they were pushing Hill

10. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

Doesn't change the fact that it was a spur of the moment cheapshot. I am glad it will now come back to bite her in the *** just a little bit.

I have respect for Bill but he is losing it day by day with the Clinton's "win at all costs" attitude.

11. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

What Horn6721 said about what I think.

But thanks for the various posts on how the picture might have come about. [​IMG]

12. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

13. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

14. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

15. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

That was a cheap thrill.

16. Ralphie

Ralphie 500+ Posts

I dig Bill's double-breasted suit. Very "dick-in-a-box" funky fresh.

17. RoundhouseKick

RoundhouseKick 250+ Posts

This should have as much traction as the photo of John Wayne Gacy with the Carters.

18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

this will have as much traction as the media wants it to have.
    But we must be careful of Bill's " International Brand"

19. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

The Democrats have managed to make the Republican primary look normal, peaceful, and well-organized. At this stage, I would go so far as to say that the Republicans have a clearer picture than the Democrats, since Romney is the only person with both money and support. The Democrats have a clear winner in Obama, and I find it silly that they are so wary of him.

20. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

21. TxStHorn

TxStHorn 1,000+ Posts

I'm no fan of HRC, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

If you will recall, there's a photo of Roslyn Carter with serial killer John Wayne Gacy, taken at a fund raiser in the '70's. I doubt they were pals.