What about Malzahn?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by OrangeChipper, Oct 25, 2013.

1. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

He's turned around a 2 win auburn team to 6-1 in the SEC.

He was their OC when they won it all with CAM..

He was part of Arkansas' best year with Houston nutt where they won the sec west in 06.

In 07 - he was leader of Tulsa who has the #1 offense in the NCAA. (yards per game)
    Tulsa became the first team in NCAA history to have a 5,000-yard passer, a 1,000-yard rusher and three 1,000-yard receivers in a single season

In 08- they were second in overall scoring in the nation. Behind only OU. They finished second in overall scoring in the HISTORY of college football, and they averaged 570 yards per game.

in 09. at auburn... the team went from being 110th in scoring to 17th.

in 11 at Ark State - he was 9-3.

Can you imagine what he could do with a Swoopes or Jerrod Heard?

Me likey.

We could do a lot worse.

and plus... he could bring along an Auburn defensive coordinator with him. We seem to like those guys.

2. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well, one must admit that is a nice, very nice, resume.

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Somebody tell the Administration I’m OK with it too.

[​IMG]

4. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

His wife is a nutjob.

5. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

Guy dominates, and so do his apprentices.

EDIT: His involvement with the 2010 Auburn team cannot be restated enough. He had far more to do with that MNC than Chizik could have hoped to do in his wettest ******* dreams. You know you have a dominant offense when you win an MNC with a defense that ranks in the bottom half of the country in virtually (if not literally) every single meaningful team statistic.

6. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

The more I learn about the guy, the more I like!!!

7. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

8. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

malzahn is a helluva coach.

i was also very impressed by him hiring ellis johnson as a DC. auburn did the 2nd best job of defending our defense (save for LSU last year) that i've seen. we got our yards, but they gameplanned incredibly well.

should malzahn stay there auburn is going to be contending for a title soon. wouldnt surprise me in the least to see them knock off bama this year.

9. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

She says it like it is, she is no Sally but hey you will always know where you stand.

10. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

Let's give credit where credit is due. Our religious friend, LonghornCatholic, threw Malzhan's name out over a week ago.

[​IMG]

11. 14tokihorn

14tokihorn 1,000+ Posts

Another Malignant narcissist....... ehhh. She's a perfect fit for ATX.

12. Squall

Squall 500+ Posts

I kind of like him at auburn though!!
    In 2011 Saban shut him out! Zero points!! Hoping that streak continues this year!

13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dillo,

Please analyze Kristi's "tape". She is in the pulpit with Ronnie Floyd and her comments are selectively edited and manipulated. She is anything but "a nut job". She was in the pulpit to entertain and witness to the largest congregation in Arkansas.

Also consider the role Floyd has had in Malzahn's moves up the food chain. The two most important moves of his career ( HC at Auburn is not in the top five).

Kristi had to put up with her daughter dating Mitch Mustain, which means putting up with Bec Campbell. I don't mind "putting up with Bec" or buying her a couple of glasses of wine, but the thought of having her as an in-law is a bit much.

Question is, will Johnny Tyson and John Hunt make large donation to Texas if he is hired, or is the old rivalry too deep.

Either way, I'm not a advocate of hiring Malzahn, but I do admire what he's done, particularly since Frank Broyles **** all over him. I expect the chicken and trucking people to move Malzahn back to Washington County in the future.

14. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I have no problem with a hiring of Malzahn. I do visualize his wife getting her own show on LHN similar to "The Jersey Shore". [​IMG]

15. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

It would be nice. Our big cigars are probably too elitist for him though...

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Dillo,

That's not her. Again, I invite you to understand the forum and the "director".

As for Malzahn, bringing in someone so indebted to the biggest donors of an old competitor.

17. moosehorn

moosehorn 25+ Posts

Agree totally with what HP says. However, he is currently rebuilding in the vaunted SEC and has done an outstanding job to date. Would he be interested in leaving to take on yet another rebuilder in what many (not on this board) consider a lesser conference? Would we offer enough over what he's already making to make it appealing? Does anyone know what he's making currently?

18. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

I like his defiant positive attitude.
    He all but willed his team to defeat A$M.
    He can game-plan. He rotated his D to stay fresh late in the 4th at Kyle. Not a new idea, but his run game played a part also in keeping his D fresher longer.

I like what he brings to a program. We may yet see Auburn-Missouri in Atlanta.

19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Considering Auburn's history with coaches since Pat Dye, he may be available sooner rather than later.

Again, remember that he is the "fair haired boy" of John & Johnny. The mattress man, restauranteur, and a Murphy family usually follow their lead. They go to church together, he coached the grandkids, and they have molded his career. All that's left is for Johnny to offer him a house in his development.

20. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Explain it all you want, but that woman is surely hell on wheels. You can tell by several indicators in her speech and body movement. Regardless of the audience, there is no doubt she's a nightmare. Another aged blonde with a huge trap that has a blaring opinion on everything.

21. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

22. moosehorn

moosehorn 25+ Posts

I would like to see him considered as well. I would think we should be able to substantially up the ante above 2.3M for a coach at a major program.

23. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

24. guy noir

guy noir 100+ Posts

What about Brown ! ! !

25. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

26. guy noir

guy noir 100+ Posts

The haters are alive and well.

27. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

lots of smoke saying its either Malzahn or Gundy now.

28. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

What about some love for Lane Kifflin - he is available last I heard... and his wife is smokin' hot... she may even fix better cookies than Sally. Just sayin' [​IMG]

29. burntoc

burntoc First Time Poster

Um, I know this may sound like a weird question to post here, but did anyone see the FanPost about this that was on SB-BON this morning? It was from a poster with the handle of YoungVinceYoung sharing some stuff he said he was hearing from connected friends about our coaching situation. He clearly stated he was just sharing what he'd heard, not necessarily sharing absolute fact, and it was very well rounded. It had generated over 100 comments when I last checked this morning and then after lunch I hit refresh and.....404 error. Someone deleted it. Anyone seen them do this over there before or know why it happened? I'm hoping if it was censored of if he was just pissed at some of the idiot commenters he can bring it somewhere else because the conversation was excellent...

30. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

Watching the Bama vs Auburn game, I'll just say I'd be fine with him as our coach. I'd want him to bring their special teams coach too.