What bowl?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by wadster, Dec 1, 2018.

1. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

If OU gets the playoffs, do they put 4 loss Texas or 3 loss WV in the Sugar? This is one very large negative to the Big12 CC game. We got the extra loss.

2. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  3. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

My SWAG is that we get stuck in the Alamo Bowl.

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Here are the bowls available. They'll probably try to put us against aggy in Memphis.

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl Dec. 22
    2:30 p.m. Fort Worth, Tx. Big 12 vs. AAC ESPN

Cheez-it Bowl Dec. 26
    8:00 p.m. Phoenix, Ariz. Big 12 vs. Pac-12 ESPN

Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl Dec. 27
    8:00 p.m. Houston, Tx. Big 12 vs. SEC ESPN

Camping World Bowl Dec. 28
    4:15 p.m. Orlando, Fl. Big 12 vs. ACC ESPN

Valero Alamo Bowl Dec. 28
    8:00 p.m. San Antonio, Tx. Big 12 vs. Pac-12 ESPN

Autozone Liberty Bowl Dec. 31
    2:45 p.m. Memphis, Tn. Big 12 vs. SEC ESPN

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Alamo v. Utah would be a good game. Alamo v. The Pirate would mean Texas would have to score 70 to win.

6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

This team is not capable of scoring 70...in TWO games.

7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Isn’t Texas now guaranteed the Sugar?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Frankly, I no longer care that much. None of the non-playoff bowls matter and are little more than the NIT to the Ncaa tourney. Just go to a 16 team playoff with the higher seed getting a home game in the first two rounds and all non play off teams can have "bowl season" like the NIT and whatever else basketball postseason tournaments there are for teams that don't make the tourney.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Texas or WVa traveling to New Orleans? I think WVa is worthy. They were a good team.

But the Sugar Bowl has a fiduciary duty to make money. Right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Should be Texas vs Georgia in the sugar bowl

11. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Texas fans travel well with lots of $$$$$. Probably way more than WVU fans. Ka-ching, Ka-ching. May not be fair, but that’s life in Div. I football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Walking Boss

This same reasoning may apply to tosu jumping ou for the playoffs. Not in traveling, but in tv's tuning in.

13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

What is the couch market looking like? If there are many that need to be purchased and burned, then WVU is a lock...

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

They still take a back seat to tOSU. If the Buckeyes don't get in, the whole state will be lit up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

yep, if ousux is in the playoff...

16. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Kind of a sad way to enjoy college football and support your school. With that attitude, you'll be disappointed 99% of the time because your team didn't win the national championship. If Texas is playing on New Year's Day this season, I see that as a huge upgrade from the past 9 years or so, and it makes me happy that we're back in the late season conversation.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

We'll have a tough time with Georgia, considering they may be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the country.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If Sam and others get healthy, we have a shot. Problem is 4th qtr fatigue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Sugar isn't guaranteed to runner-up. Only the winner of the CCG would be guaranteed Sugar if it wasn't in the top-4. Loser is obviously "eligible" to play in the Sugar if the remaining non-top-4 team was selected for it, but there's no doubt that a 9-4 team would easily be surpassed in selection committee meetings.

We're going to Alamo I bet. Probably against WSU.

20. Walking Boss

Not disappointed at all. I’ll watch Texas in whatever bowl game it is, but they don’t mean what they used to and if they have a mini playoff with four teams I would just as soon see them go to a full playoff of 16 teams.

• Agree Agree x 4
  21. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

If there was a Sugar Bowl rep at the game today they'll invite Texas. Stadium was easily 65% Texas maybe more. Virtually guarantee a sell out AND get much better ratings than with West Virginny. Texas vs Georgia? What a marquee!

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

I wouldn’t mind seeing that, just to see how the Horns would match up against one of the better SEC teams. Unless of course Collin and LJ decide to enter the draft and sit out the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

9-4 Texas in basically a "Big 6" game? Not going to happen on rep alone. The game today was in Arlington, not New Orleans.

Outside of Orange and Cotton, the remaining "big" bowl games would be taking most of the remaining top-12 in the CFP (which we won't be tomorrow).

24. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I'm not too interested in the playoffs and NCG this year. Bama's in and no matter what, Bama will win...again. I'll watch the Horns in whatever bowl they play in and I hope they get a 10th win for the season. That would be a great way to start off the new year and look good in recruiting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Just my (selfish) opinion, but I think both of these guys are too slow for the NFL. The NFL is all about speed first and foremost. I hope they both stay one more year!

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Agree, love both of them too but think Collin is a bit soft....NFL secondary will bring the wood, and I don’t think he handles that well....think both need to stay but if they can get bank wouldn’t blame em one bit....

27. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

We're not going to be penalized for losing to OU in the CCG. I don't think we're ready for Georgia, but we're going to find out.

28. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Vs. Georgia in a bowl game. Golly, That went so well last time.

:brickwall:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  29. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

It’d be a hoot if we not only played them but hung in and what the heck beat em

• Like Like x 1
  30. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

Dilemma:
    Root for OUSux to make the CFP
    Pros: 1) we get the Sugar vice the Alamo; 2) get to see OU get CRUSHED by a REAL defense;
    3) If they win it all we could go, “BIG 12-BIG 12-BIG 12!!!”
    Cons: 1) If it’s Georgia, we could get mudholed;
    2) they’re OUSux. Any success they have is bad for us.
    I’ll take the Alamo.