What do we do when wbb season is over?

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by "Anna hook em", Mar 9, 2016.

1. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

I really like talking to u all about womens basketball, what do we do when the magical season is over? And i hope at the end of the season we will be talking about when they will be raising the NCAA championship banner.:hookem2:

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

talk about recruiting, next season's lineups, etc. lots to do during the offseason.

3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Talk about Womens' Softball?

4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Hibernate

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

it's a big recruiting time for WBB, you know, AAU games, tournaments, and all. Maybe some trips to those close by.

6. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

Do things you enjoy, you know like hanging out with friends, reading good books, not watching us get our asses stomped by Baylor. The usual.

• Like Like x 2
  7. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Well................for a recent retiree.....crappie fishing this Saturday, church on sunday, golf on Monday, grandkids on tuesday, Texas Hold Em on Wednesday, then for the rest of the year........repeat. All the downtime will be reading/communicating/supporting the Ladies on this Forum and other........and getting ready for a fun-filled 2016-2017 year. Being in DFW, I will be going to some of the outstanding AAU tournaments this spring/summer. Perhaps provide some "fair and biased" scouting reports of recruits. It is a wonderful time to be a supporter of Longhorn Women's Basketball.

8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

now this is summer fun.

9. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

Hehe, though I don't post much here I stay up to date thanks to Bab and others. For me, Spring and Summer means travelling for my daughter's final year of Select ball. We'll be in Frisco, San Antonio, Georgetown, Newark, Vegas, and more. Hell, PBR is hosting a couple of events in Round Rock this year, which is great as that'll significantly cut down the driving. :)

10. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Son of a Son..............enjoy with vigor your daughter's final year of select bball. It will be over too soon and you will dearly miss it. My family enjoyed summer trips to Nashville, Lafayette, Colorado Springs, Seattle, Orlando and others while attending National AAU and BCI tournaments. The family is going to the beach in Gulf Shores in June and we will have fun; however, nothing takes the place of the bonding during the trips you and your family will have during those basketball tournaments. Again..........enjoy the spring/summer (even Newark!) season.......and hug that daughter EVERY day.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BevoBeef

BevoBeef 250+ Posts

The family is always number one --- no doubt about it. All of these things are great to do.

However, if you cannot scratch that itch by just watching, become a coach for a youth league basketball of the young who are learning to play the game with brand new skills being developed. You do not have to have a son or daughter yourself to really enjoy it, although that is typically how you become a youth coach. Particularly if you live in a larger metro area, look around for an organized youth league that plays basketball in the summer. There is nothing more rewarding than helping a youngster become familiar with the tricks and practice activities that help those in third grade and beyond. First and second graders are also fun to watch, but typically their coordination is not there yet. These youth leagues are always looking for assistant coaches to help out. Soon you will have your own team and working to train them to compete against other similar teams in that league or nearby. These leagues are typically coed sports, but the girls that play with the boys at this age tend to be very competitive. The youth are where the future of this country lies. If you help them to be competitive, that spirit will grow as they get to be a teenager. It is odd how the bond develops between those you coach on your team, and you continue to watch the good ones develop and mature as they become more skillful at the sport when they grow and play organized sports in the school systems.

I am a big believer in this proverb, which also works in sports activities give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

So go out and teach a youngster how to dribble or shoot the basketball.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts