What kind of car do you drive and do you like it?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by LAktownhorn, Jan 28, 2010.

1. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

i drive an audi a6. the car's #1 asset is its styling. power and handling are good but nothing really great.

i really hate audi customer service. they are the worst. so in conclusion, audi kind of sucks.

2. HoustonHorn93

HoustonHorn93 250+ Posts

I've got a Honda Element and absolutely love it. Sure it's not the best looking car but for me it's a rolling storage locker that includes my bike. That's important as I ride 4+ days per week. It's also usually filled with my swim bag, running gear, the kids junk, etc.

3. bradford702

bradford702 100+ Posts

A Lexus GS 300. I love car, the ride is smooth and the gas mileage is very good (30-33 Hwy) but the best part is the service. I'll take the car in for the littlest squeak or rattle and they will find it and fix it. Of course you shouldn't have any noises for it being a Lexus but the car is almost four years old.

4. lostman

lostman 500+ Posts

Driving an '04 Acura MDX - hands down the best car we have owned to date. It has about 82K miles on it and has not had one problem. We also have an '03 TL-S, about the same mileage, no problems. Service has been very good. The older two kids drive an '00 Accord and an '04 CR-V. The Accord has almost 150K on it, still running well, with minor problems. The CR-V has something like 64K miles, and daughter is not easy on it at all. But it takes her abuse, and in spite of 3 front end wrecks, is still running well. We are sold on Honda/Acura.

Others in my family also drive Acuras now. An '05 TL, an '08 MDX, and an '09 TL (after trading in the RL for"smaller"). All seem to be happy with them.

5. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

2006 Mazda3 i touring - best car for the money I have ever had

6. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

2002 TJ, custom front bumper with winch and fog lights, 32'' mud tires

Love it. Tires slide a bit in light snow or rain puddles but in the deep stuff it can't be stopped. AC is broken but, if I can take a summer of 100+ 70 straight days without AC, I don't see much need for it.

7. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

525 i. Not exactly a performance machine, but comfy and rock solid.

8. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

2001 Jeep classic, 101k miles, a few problems, crossing my fingers i can get another 100k+ out of it before i have to get something else. Only minor problems so far, other vehicle is '00 accord, only had to replace alternator....135k and counting....Honda definitely worth the dough.

9. valencia

valencia 100+ Posts

98 Honda Accord with 166,000 miles and keeps on running. My next car will also be an Accord.

10. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

2007 Hyundai Sonata. Love it.

11. BrothaHorn

BrothaHorn 1,000+ Posts

Yukon and Dodge p/u..love 'em both

12. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

so i'm the only one who doesn't like my car? [​IMG]

13. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Smug 2008 Prius owner. 46 mpg, poor acceleration.

Now anxious Prius owner. Will the gas and brake pedals work when I need them?

14. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

2004 Mustang GT convertible, 40th anniversary edition, 5 speed... very fun to drive, but I go through tires too often [​IMG]

15. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

Oh, and I also have a 2008 Ford F150 Lariat super crew... very happy with the truck too... it's got the souped up sound system with a sub under the back seat and a moon roof [​IMG]

16. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

2008 Bugatti Veyron. It gets me from point A to point B.

17. utmck

utmck 500+ Posts

^^^^^ sweet ride^^^^^ liar

2006 Toyota Tacoma and wouldn't trade it for anything except the Bugatti, but only if someone else would pay for the insurance.

18. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

2004 Acura TL

I like it.

19. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

B'ford you are absolutely spot on with the love Lexus for its service if I did not like it for anything else. Wife has an older Rx.
    I drive company car and love it cause its free - Dodge magnum - would not have one if wasn't on the company.
    For fun - pure grinning fun - I drive my new (well new to me) 05 BoxS. And I can tell you without reservation, that is as much fun to drive as anything I have ever owned.
    Hookem

20. NEOKHORN

NEOKHORN 100+ Posts

2002 Suburban with 146k miles and about a hundred dings and dents. I love it. It just keeps going and going.....

21. Dogbert

Dogbert 500+ Posts

1996 Camry with 190K on it. Love it. Every month it lives on is worth hundreds.

22. Math Mudrat

Math Mudrat 250+ Posts

97 Chevy half ton pickup. I plan on keeping it forever.

23. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

24. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

2004 Nissan 350Z. It's a blast to drive, and has far more power than an old geezer like me really needs. It corners like a slotcar. If I keep my foot out of it, I average about 25 mpg going to and from work every day (Fort Worth freeway most of the way). This is far better than my first sports car ( a 1966 Corvette) - the refinements and advances over the years have made cars much better and more reliable.

Mrs. HHD drives a 1998 Nissan Maxima. It only has 89K miles, and in twelve years, it's made one unscheduled trip to the shop for a minor repair. I thought so highly of Nissan that I just bought her a new Infiniti G37 sedan (picking it up on Tuesday). Hope it serves us as well as the Maxima did.

HornHuskerDad [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

25. TexasRx

TexasRx 500+ Posts

2002 BMW X5. Just turned 140,000 miles- have loved every minute spent behind the wheel. It handles great in the rain and snow and is relatively easy to parallel park.

My biggest gripes with it are the fact that both rear window mechanisms broke with the windows down so they wouldn't roll back up (both times I was on road trips which made it worse). The pixels in the computer display and radio have slowly started to burn out and the only way to replace the display is to replace the whole display/radio which is both expensive and stupid. The only other BIG gripe is that every time you bring it in for service you can kiss at least $1000 goodbye (last trip cost $3000) but that's still cheaper than having a regular car payment.

26. waazel

waazel 100+ Posts

'99 Toyota Corolla. First car I bought out of college with no dough and no credit. Am/FM CASSETTE radio, manual locks, manual windows, hell it doesn't even have a clock. I hate it and piss and moan about it all the time to my wife. But then I remember that I drive maybe 15 miles per day round-trip to work, haven't had a car payment in years, it has been pretty bulletproof thus far (so low repair $) and gets good gas mileage. So I can't really justify getting a new car at this point. However, as my kids are getting older and into more things, I am having to tote them around more in that car. So that is probably what will lead me to drive something bigger and safer.

27. BLESSMEHORNS

BLESSMEHORNS 250+ Posts

1989 Toyota Camry ........Maybe the best car ever made...370k miles and still going

28. J.R.69

J.R.69 250+ Posts

'09 Toyota Venza. Loved it until accelerator problems became known. I haven't had any problems with it, just kinda apprehensive now.

29. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

07 Toyota Matrix. 55K miles, no services needed just yet. I like it. Even though it's a little dorky it's really utilitarian. I pulled a small flatbed trailer with it to move apartments. It pulled a sailboat. if I fold the backseats down and move the passenger seat all the way upI can fit my bike in it without taking any wheels off. I can fit a 10ft kayak INSIDE. I can keep my dog in the cargo area. It does lack in style, luxury, power, handling, but It's a great no-frills utilitarian car.

30. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

1975 Corvette...Hot in the summer. Cold in the winter. Rough ride. Love it!!!!!!