What to do with Betamax Amos and Andy?

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by A. BETTIK, Nov 12, 2009.

1. A. BETTIK

A. BETTIK 1,000+ Posts

I'm stuck with a bunch of these after a relative passed away.

This show struck me at least back in the early 80's when I first and last watched some episodes, as racist, and yet some of the humor was pure slapstick and transcendent, the kind of stuff you would find in The Three Stooges, Hogan's Heroes, etc.

For example, the only scene I still remember, has one of the two running into the front of a house and the camera immediately switches to the back of the house where he finds himself outside upon closing the front door behind him. Befuddled, he turns to discover the back door of the house, opens it and runs through, only to repeat the process a few times before realizing the house is a single wall...

Pitch em?

2. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

Got to be someone that will put them on DVD or VHS. I'd love to get a copy or I'll take them off your hands and find someone that can do the conversion.

3. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

You could donate them to the local Mystic Knights of the Sea chapter.

4. Alpine

Alpine 100+ Posts

You are thinking of the time Kingfish sold Andy a lot with a false front house where a movie had once been filmed. At first, Andy just thought Lightning had a very long neck because he could poke his head through a back window and out the front of the house. But Andy got the last laugh by pretending to discover oil on the property. Best episode ever.

5. FAST FRED

FAST FRED 500+ Posts

"Yo' honor, ah not only resents de allegation, ah resents de alligator."

[​IMG]