What will our team look like next year?

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by rosevilleblock, Jan 14, 2008.

1. rosevilleblock

rosevilleblock 250+ Posts

I'm not trying to blow off this season by any means, but I was just trying to visualize how good next years team might be. Is E- Bailey our only senior? Can newcomers Yvonne Anderson or Ashleigh Fortonette contribute right away? Do they have good ball handling skills and quickness. What about the long ball, can they shoot it. Has anyone seen these two play? How tall are they and do they remind you of any current or past Longhorn players. Also I havent forgot about Ashley Gayle. Will she big a big time post precence ala Courtney Paris? If Ebay is our only senior, then it seems like next years quad will be deep and hopefully injury free.I know I asked alot of questions [​IMG]

2. 2duckfans

2duckfans 25+ Posts

Along that line, am I correct that EA, Crystal, E Williams and Carla all have two more years of eligibility left after this year? If so, we should have a very experienced group of players in 08-09 and 09-10.

3. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

Yes, I believe that is correct.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

Not certain, but if Erika plays this year, I believe she will have one more year of eligibility. Don't think she got redshirted after her ACL tear last year since she had played in 15 games.

5. tech

tech < 25 Posts

i think we need to focus on the season at hand. these girls are working their butts off and they will be ok, lets just have a little faith.

6. 2duckfans

2duckfans 25+ Posts

No slight intended to the team . . . in fact, I am impressed that Carla, Crystal, and E. Williams are really just playing their second season with a new system and not for the coach who recruited them. I think we're in good shape now and for the future. It's a process from the beginning of the season to the end, and from one season to the next.

7. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

8. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

First of all, I think that we are thinking too far ahead and the season has just started.But since there is a thread on the subject.I will give my opinion.You will see better ballhandlers, that are use to handling the ball on a consisted basics.You will have a big body in the middle which should go well with Ashleys game.The 2 guards we have coming in.Will be bringing their A game to Texas.Watch what I say.So get ready.Those 3 players will make us look like a different team.So be patient and everything will work out.By 2009 or 2010 it will be hard to stop Texas.

9. rosevilleblock

rosevilleblock 250+ Posts

Thanks for all the responses. I dont think i'm looking too far ahead just excited about the potintial of next years team. [​IMG]