What's Wrong with this?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by HornHuskerDad, Sep 23, 2014.

1. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

The Link.Illegal immigrants being allowed to enroll in Obamacare?

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The problem appears to be some people have not or will not provide documentation to prove they are eligible for obamacare.
    This from the link is BS
    'but those with "immigration data-matching issues" were allowed to retain their Obamacare coverage during a six-month grace period to provide documentation."

These people were notified 6 months ago that there were errors. How many of them get subsidies on their premiums and copays as well as meds? guess who pays for the subsidies?
    and they are getting another extension?
    if they aren't eligible think any will pay it back?

3. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

Do the rules really matter? At this point, what difference does it make?

4. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Well, saying that "they're going to come up with a different illegal way to defraud the government within the next six months if this happens" is the same as corporations coming up with different loopholes in the next umpteen months to keep paying illegal immigrants for services rendered, so that's kind of a wash anyhow.

A bigger issue is just the general fraud committed on a daily basis with Medicare/Medicaid. And there are plenty of eligible people involved in those schemes.

Basically, 1.5 percent of Obamacare receipients get some extra time to prove their citizenship. It'll help some of those people. It won't help the rest. If Senator Vitter can't wait 6 months for the answers from CMS, then he can use it as copy during a midterm election cycle to help his GOP cohorts retain and gain seats. Even if it doesn't get resolved by February, it's still not a top dollar priority.

5. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

If you don't respect the law you don't respect the law generally or at least that is a generalization I can believe.

6. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

According to an investigation by Capitol Hill Blue, an online publication that covers federal politics, a remarkable number of U.S.
    Representatives and U.S. Senators may have spent as much time in a jail cell as on Capitol Hill.
    After researching public records, newspaper articles, civil court transcripts, and criminal records, Capitol Hill Blue discovered that:

* 29 members of Congress have been accused of spousal abuse.

* 7 have been arrested for fraud.

* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks.

* 117 have bankrupted at least two businesses.

* 3 have been arrested for assault.

* 71 have credit reports so bad they can't qualify for a
    credit card.

* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges.

* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting.

* 21 are current defendants in lawsuits.

* And in 1998 alone, 84 were stopped for drunk driving, but released after they claimed Congressional immunity.

7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Illegal aliens on Obamacare is a genuine problem? Basically we are talking about people getting health insurance they pay for -- participating in a funding mechanism to pay for their care and the care of others. I didn't write (nor read) Fed Up so if you could please explain how this is worse than illegal aliens getting emergency room care they never pay for, I'd be most appreciative.

8. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Crockett:

I used to have a choice, now I am being told I have to have something, or face being fined by an organization that has politically targeted me.

Two, I live in a county and so do you, that does not have a large County hospital, so my dollars going to those emergency room visits are far less than in Dallas County or Travis County. One of the many reasons I have chosen over the years to live where I do.

The government should not be in Healthcare or Retirement, is my overlying opinion, with minimal participation in welfare.