Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by HookemHorns, Sep 10, 2001.

1. HookemHorns

HookemHorns < 25 Posts

Every now and then someone will post an update about a former players whereabouts. I am always interested in news concerning guys that we cheered for in years past. It would be great to create a new section on the site for these types of updates.

If any of you have any info or requests for info on a player please post it here.

Anybody have any info on:

Dusty Renfro
    Stonie Clark
    Pat Fitzgerald
    James Brown (Arena?)
    Butch Hadnot (Arena w/ Brown?)
    Van Malone
    Keith and Kerry Cash
    Kris Stockton
    Lovell Pinkney
    Mike Adams (still in NFL?)
    Pete Gardere
    Shea Morenz

any other Horns?

2. speedracer

speedracer < 25 Posts

Doesn't Shea play baseball?

3. GatePratt

GatePratt 25+ Posts

Renfro - some NFL developmental squad I think
    Stonie - Selling cars in Austin (Covert?)
    Fitzgerald - UT Law
    Shea - Michigan MBA program / intern at Goldman Sachs

4. WSN

WSN < 25 Posts

Gardere is in Austin working for Stratus Properties and Morenz married the richest girl in the world. Don't worry about Shea ever again.

5. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

Kieth Cash... the 'wellness' group

6. busterbrown16

busterbrown16 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, you can join Keith Cash of the wellness group and make as much, if not more, then he did when he played in the NFL. What a crock...

7. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica 25+ Posts

Wasn't Stockton released by the Saints a couple of weeks ago? Correct me if I am wrong.

8. HookemHorns

HookemHorns < 25 Posts

Any info on:

Norman Watkins?
    Hodges Mitchel?
    Blake Brockermeyer?

9. scally

scally 100+ Posts

hodges graduated this summer and was looking to get a shot in the MLS.

Stockton has a stress fracture or some such injury and was cut by the saints. he may be on their practice squad.

10. HookemHorns

HookemHorns < 25 Posts

scally,

Thanks for the updates! I remember people talking about Hodges ability to play soccer. I hope he makes it.

11. bc2bagger

bc2bagger 25+ Posts

Blake Brockermeyer is with the Chicago Bears. Here is a link from the Texas website about Longhorns in the pros.
    The Link

12. UTlonghorn

UTlonghorn < 25 Posts

Is Erxlaben(sp?) in jail yet?

Hook'em

13. WhoooTex

WhoooTex 100+ Posts

It's good that Morenz married a rich chick. All he had going for him was good looks, brains, terrific athletic talent, and being a genuine nice guy tthe couple-few times I met him. Hell, aside from those things, he was a loser. [​IMG]

14. HookemHorns

HookemHorns < 25 Posts

Shea was great at falling down stairs during frat parties. [​IMG]

15. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Norman Watkins played a season in the NFL Europe and was working as an IT recruiter in Austin as recently as a year ago. I did two interviews with Norman and I have to say that he is a class act. The position he was recruiting me for was scarce, but Norman tried hard to help me get my foot in the door and land my first 'real' job . I'm not sure where he is now, but I would imagine that his job was one of the first to be cut when the dot com market collapsed. We talked about football, but he only responded as far as I asked him. My take is that it was a bittersweet memory for him.. one that he would rather keep in the past.

16. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

What about Richard Walton? Wasn't he going to go to Medical School. He would be in his third year by now.

17. scally

scally 100+ Posts

Walton got married this past summer.

18. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Keith Cash works here in town at Apple Computer. I see him in the gym at work every now and then. seems like a really down to earth guy whose doing well for himself without professional football.
    I talked to him at length one day in the gym and got updates on a few other people.
    I think I remember him saying that Lovell Pinkney had become very religious and was doing well for himself, which was good to hear.
    Can't remember who else we talked about that day.

19. utstudboy

utstudboy 250+ Posts

Marty Akins - Running for Governor
    Ed Cunningham - Sports Agent and running for the Senate
    Doug Dawson - Has an insurnace companyagency in Houston
    Mark McBath - Surgeon in Houston, Texas

20. close to jumping

close to jumping < 25 Posts

21. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

Richard Walton's in Medical School at UTHSC-San Antonio.

22. KaspaUT

KaspaUT 25+ Posts

Butch was at Antonio's hanging out with Hugh Lewis for the Big XII Championship Watch party. Not that i know what he's doing other than that.

23. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

ya where is dusty renfo

24. sblazer

sblazer 500+ Posts

what about cherry!..there was an all american in the making!

25. nycLonghorn

nycLonghorn Guest

I heard Marty Cherry is modeling?

26. threenine

threenine First Time Poster

Van Malone is presently Defensive Coordinator at Conroe HS. He is also Head Track Coach. Married with two kids.

Spent Four years with the Detroit Lions and one with the Arizona Cardinals.

Loving what he is doing....Hook 'em

27. TexasUFO

TexasUFO 25+ Posts

Adrian Ford and Rick Thurman- own one of the largest flooring companies in Houston

wrong sport but- Dan Krueger capt. of basketball team in the 70's is a field operations manager for Farmer's Insurance in Austin...have not seen him in years, but he and his wife are going to the game with us on Saturday.

Met McBath when my wife was having surgery in Houston. He offices at Park Plaza. I hear a really good surgeon. Nice guy.

28. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

What about Phil Brown?

29. HoosierHorn

HoosierHorn 500+ Posts

Last time I saw Butch Hadnot he was driving a 7-up truck in Austin - two or three years ago... I could probably find out more from a high school buddy of his who was at UT with me and is in my fantasy football league...

30. Mizzou415

Mizzou415 100+ Posts