Where will Erin Hogan end up?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by ValpoCory, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

2. LadyDee

LadyDee 25+ Posts

Perhaps Bucky is trying to get fired so he can join Erin at 1530. I heard a few things today that should have gotten him fired.
    I can't imagine 1530 has that much cash to flash around for salaries.

3. Major Orange

Major Orange 25+ Posts

I don't know what I'm going to listen to in the morning. I loved Bucky and Erin. I agree, Buck sounded pissed this morning. He has every reason to be. I hope they can "team" up again on another station. This has turned into a terrible, terrible mess. [​IMG]

4. brynden29

brynden29 < 25 Posts

I was a long time, loyal B&E fan. But this morning was painful and quite boring. I get a lot of my emails read on the air, but I just don't think I am going to be listening much anymore.

If anyone finds out where Erin is headed, please post it here.

Oh and I remember when GH started on 1530 years ago, he used to make fun of B&E and 1300 so much. I hate that guy.

5. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Not a good situation over at the station previously known as the zone. If there ever was a textbook case of total mismanagement, this is it.
    Just hope Bucky is able to rejoin Erin at a better station in the near future. Maybe 1300 can convert to all-Polka format and capture that audience, until they screw that up.

6. Bobby_Bouche

Bobby_Bouche < 25 Posts

I'm more amused at 1300's demise then sorry to see Erin go. They worked well together, but Erin's certainty on every single topic and homerism got a bit tired. Still, it was the best thing 1300 had going for it apart from UT broadcasts and they are nothing but a sinking ship.

Bucky is a great personality and I'm sorry to see him get caught up in the middle of all this. I would love to see him team up with Erin at 1530 and maybe one day the signal would be strong enough for me to pick up at work.

KVET's may have needed to make some changes. Chad and Kevin were passable but maybe not living up to the potential of that timeslot. How Gregg Henson was supposed to be an improvement is beyond me. The northeast shock jock crap won't fly on a more educated Austin sports market. If AJ can refrain from resorting to the fart talk maybe he has a future in radio. When he's consciously trying to talk sports and not resort to his former schtick from the 1530 show he's not half bad.

7. jthomen

jthomen 25+ Posts

8. phdhorn

phdhorn 100+ Posts

9. MattRN

MattRN < 25 Posts

I really have enjoyed reading everyones opinions about the various on air personalities I would listen to Chad and Kevin or B and E on any station in Austin if given the chance

10. Highlander

Highlander < 25 Posts

I guess you can feel sorry for Henson's kids, but don't feel sorry for his wife. She's followed that fat load from failed job to failed job. Here's a couple of links from her blog to back up her not deserving any sympathy.

The Link
    yep, that's right, she really thinks Greg"g" should be charging for his podcast. That's as good an idea as Greg"g" selling his magic gas pills that get your car better mileage.

The Link
    She's frustrated and upset that Greg"g" sucked at his jobs so badly that he keeps getting fired. Notice she mentions their hesitation about taking the job in Austin because _Greg"g" didn't want to stop collecting unemployment!_

Sounds like they deserve each other.

11. merckx

merckx < 25 Posts

I'm sorry to E go, but I damn sure won't miss Sal from New York calling in all the time.

12. alan802

alan802 25+ Posts

I did some research on the jackass gregg and the fact that someone from the zone actually hired him is beyond stupid. Especially after the bashing that he and AJ did on 1530. I was beginning to wonder if they were going to get rid of the voice of the longhorns and replace him with the god awful Dave Tepper, remember that asshat? What a train wreck we are seeing and I can't stop listening to see what happens next. Maybe that is their strategy, it's working on my dumbass.

13. Bobby_Bouche

Bobby_Bouche < 25 Posts

14. TheTresLeches

TheTresLeches 250+ Posts

We'll see how Gregg and his wife's coffee shop/playground does in this economy.

15. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

isn't craig way married to bill little's daughter or something? if that is true, i don't think 1300 is going to be running him off any time soon.

16. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

Even regardless of that, since Craig is the PBP announcer for Horns games, he may be required to have his show on 1300.

17. steelerfan

steelerfan First Time Poster

Bring back Erin. B&E was the best thing on radio. I can't face going to work without B&E. How sad is that? Clear Channel has its head up its a$$.

18. SynTex

SynTex 100+ Posts

19. MattRN

MattRN < 25 Posts

Is Bucks abscence this AM part of a planned MLK day thing or is he gone for another reason??? [​IMG]

20. Jabob

Jabob 25+ Posts

Bucky is taking MLK Day off.

21. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

22. Heretic Horn

Heretic Horn 250+ Posts

Whatever happens to the zone, I hope that Hoenig's "One Hour" show continues. I don't listen to it religiously but it's always good for some laughs.

23. MattRN

MattRN < 25 Posts

On the drive in I heard Bucky was off for personal reasons.....but the said emphatically that he would be back...........it sounded like they had to really scramble to cover the empty seats today [​IMG] [​IMG]

24. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

Bucky called in this morning and was not happy with what the people running the show this morning were saying. He was very professional, but still pissed. I bet he is out of there very soon.

25. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

I really liked B&E. Shame that Erin left, although the Zone seems to be a real train wreck these days. Can't say I blame him. I honestly don't even listen to that station anymore. Hopefully Bucky will join him somewhere else soon.

Guess this is one of the few things about Austin I won't miss once we relocate this spring.