Who are you voting for in the Texas primary?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Duck Dodgers, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Since his refusal to investigate anything related to the Baylor sexual assault cover-ups (and BU just happens to be his alma mater), I've decided he simply can't be trusted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That isn't the only reason not to trust him, but it is a reason.

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Can't help you there. I'm sure Garmel could.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I was right, folks. Her boobs were good enough to get her to a runoff.

Screenshot_20220302-101400.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Looks like Paxton and George P area headed to a runoff where George P will probably lose ironically because of his name.

6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Amazed we don't have a run-off for Gov- did not expect Abbott to get two-thirds of the vote.

Paxton looks to have a run-off but, alas, not against the most qualified candidate.

Sarah Stone, despite only getting 14% could get into a run-off in the RRC race.

Harris County has a run-off on the R side for County Judge but Quarantina Lina somehow got 70% of the D vote.

The real takeaway is that R turnout seems to have outpaced D turnout locally...there is hope for Harris County yet! And I do not believe it can be attributed to cross-over 'hate' votes.

7. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

We had a pretty good showing for a guy that died a couple of months ago. that's how ill informed many voters are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

There CAN be a strategy in those cases though...if the dead guy wins, and their party is in charge of the appointments, it keeps the seat out of the hand of the other party. Not always, but it CAN work out that way...

9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

We will get more RINO type policies. We voted for it. Get ready for Democratic priorities being brought up more and more in the Texas government.

There is also evidence of Leftist Democrats running as Republicans to infiltrate the party. If you aren't familiar look up Amin Salahuddin. He is a saboteur.

10. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

As it should. I'm as loyal a Republican voter as they come, and am totally done with the Bush family of turds.

H quit in office about late 91, and let Clinton win.

W quit in office about 05, after getting us into a pointless war in Iraq which I foolishly supported, and was won by Iran. Not only did Obama then get elected but had a 60 vote Senate to push Obama care through.

Jeb! was the designated Tomato Can for 2016, who's goal was the win the GOP nomination then do a McCain/Romney and lose seemingly on purpose.

George Bush the XIII or whatever his name is has been running for higher office for years, but instead of doing anything useful like running for a US House or Reps or Texas Legislature Senate seat held by a Democrat, he's parked himself in the Land Office, done a poor job there, and now wants to punch his ticket to the Governor's seat via the AG position.

Being a Bush turd, you know he'd give up and surrender to the Democrats the first time they called him a meanie, like his grandfather/uncle/father did.

The entire family has a spine that makes Paul Ryan look like G Washington crossing the Delaware.

If this family of cowards won't even vote for the GOP nomination for President, I'll never vote for a Bush family member. Primary, runoff, or general election. I'll write in Ronald Reagan or some such "witty" response from various worthless Republicans when asked who they voted for President in 16 and 20. Completely done with the Bush turds.

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The frustration with the AG run-off is that we have been left with a choice between a douche and a turd sandwich. As noted, the Bush name turns voters off but so to does the extraneous elements associated with Paxton.

Had Guzman been in the run-off, I believe that the office would have been a lock for the Republicans.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Duck Dodgers

Actually, the 2021 Texas Legislative session was the most productive for conservatives in 20 years.

Guns - Constitutional Carry
    Abortions - heartbeat law, and R vs. Wade trigger law (abortions illegal in Texas when/if RvW struck down)
    Dude's playing women's sports rules.
    Vote fraud bill - the one where the Democrats all ran off to Washington and proceeded to give each other the Wuhan.

Abbott with 67% or such did pretty poorly for a sitting governor, against a bunch of has been's (Alan West) or small names (Huffines). But like the #1 team in the country winning by a last second field goal against NW Texas St. at Plano, they won and advance.

He'll crush Beta Male in the general election. Abbott's a follower not a leader like DeSantis, but he's acceptable for a Texas governor. He signs the bills the Legislature sends him and doesn't stab the GOP in the back the way Baker in Mass or the bald headed turd from Maryland does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Duck Dodgers

The only way the office doesn't stay R is if the KGBI indicts Paxton for something or another between the runoff and the general election. Since they're nothing more than the state security force for the Democrat party, there's a high chance of that happening.

14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

If you believe extraneous crap does not weigh on a candidate, then look no further than the fact that Paxton is even IN a run-off. If you need more, then look no further than the 2020 election for PotUS.

The reality is that a pending felony case at the State level IS a problem from the PR viewpoint. And you can bet that the left will come with both barrels to use that in the campaign, especially if Jaworski pulls the Dem run-off out of a posterior orifice.

15. Duck Dodgers

Paxton has been indicted on securities fraud since 2015 - longer than it took to fight WWII, which is a good indication that it's a crap case.

No big surprise he's in a run off. Bush turds can pull in 20ish percent of the vote in a Texas election, and L Gohmert was on the more rightwing side, pulling votes from Paxton.

He should win pretty easily against the Bush turd.

16. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Actually, no, it ISN'T an indicator. Not if you have paid attention to the various pre-trial issues that have been up and down the appellate chains PLUS the backlog that was created through the sniffles shutdowns. I'm surprised your extensive involvement with the practice of law didn't lead you to recognize those variables...

Add in a defendant who is out on bond having less docket priority than one who is presently confined, and it is very easy to see why this is still ongoing. Speedy trial doesn't enter the field of play when you are on bond. And since this is a case that is not just SITTING with neither party doing anything, due diligence is not a factor either.

At the moment, the 2017 change of venue from Collin to Harris remains stalled in appellate machinations. I have no doubt that Dan is happy he doesn't have to travel very far but this is NOT a case they want to try in Harris. The Court of Criminal Appeals has stayed the proceedings pending disposition of the Mandamus proceedings.

What one thinks of the merits is not the issue to the voters on EITHER side of the aisle. It was part of why I wanted Guzman. Experienced AND without baggage. Gohmert was NOT an ideal candidate for the office. And Bush ran on doing things that are NOT within the purview of the Attorney General. Which again, makes the run-off a choice between a douche and a turd sandwich.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Duck Dodgers

If a criminal case takes 7 years to get to trial, it's rubbish. This reason, that reason, any reason. Hell if KP had disappeared the day he was indicted and laid low, he'd be declared legally dead by now and could come back as Ken Mexico or such and ride off into the sunset.

Unless he's not on the ballot in November, he'll win. No Democrat is going win statewide office in Texas with Depends mumbling in at mid-30's approval rating nationwide, and about low 20's in Texas.

That said, look for the KGBI to bust out a Federal indictment on Paxton, timed for after the runoff, and when he can't be replaced on the ballot, opening up an uncontested race in November for the Democrat.

Still better than the Bush turd winning.

18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Go use your log in and look at the filings on the Harris County website. They are all imaged there post-transfer. You can also find some documents on the TxCCA website and probably also the 5th CoA at Dallas given the prior appeals of certain Orders from Gallagher.

You show how little you know about the actual practice of law when you spout off in that fashion.

19. Duck Dodgers

It's still rubbish! Not sure why that seems to chap you so bad, but, as a non-lawyer (thankfully!), it seems to me an a Citizen of the USA if the State can't try your criminal case in less time than from the invasion of Poland to the deck of the USS Missouri, the case should be tossed out or judges take a pay cut to hire more of them, or get off their *** and resolve cases.

Otherwise, the process is the punishment, where you are indicted for years and years, and as a still innocent man, subject to negative connotations from being indicted.

Do cases take 7 or 9 or 65 years in the current system - I guess if you say so. Doesn't make it any less rubbish. Stop trying to fact check if it is happening, and think about if it should be happening.

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not a Bush fan, but you're nuts if you'd prefer the Democrat win. Jaworski has a crackpot agenda.

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    I think DD is saying Paxton winning is better than the bush turd winning.

22. Duck Dodgers

I'm not a Trump fan, but you're nuts if you'd prefer the Democrat win. Clinton/Biden has a crackpot agenda.

See how easy that was? And 100% true, yet wide swaths of the Republican establishment said "My Principles!" and didn't support the GOP nominee for president in 16 or 20.

I was a 100% loyal GOP voter till now, voting for whatever candidate they dragged across the primary line, including chumps like H Bush who quit in office, Dole who never tried to win, W Bush who got us in the stupidest war in American history - then quit in office too. Or tomato cans like McCain or Romney who's job was to lose, on purpose, to the Democrats.

My loyalty however, wasn't repaid - not that that was even in doubt. First time a non GOP establishment candidate wins the nomination, it's time for pearl clutching and gasps of how they couldn't possibly vote for Trump.

Door swings both ways now. I'm done with dutifully voting for the Republican nominee, even if he's a Bush turd, under threats of "Oh but their opponent is soooo bad!!!" Apparently that's just a lie for the gullible base, as the establishment GOP certainly didn't follow the same idea in 16 or 20.

Won't vote for the Bush turd in the runoff, won't vote for him in the general. Hope no one else does either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Sad that you are tacitly endorsing taking due process AWAY from Paxton. You REFUSE to pay attention to the pre-trial motions and appeals that are the precise reason this thing has not gone to trial. You have deliberately chosen to be ignorant of specific proceedings and instead only want to point to the calendar while ignoring the impact appellate activities have on a case AND that COVID nonsense had on dockets all across the State.

This isn't on the judge failing to control a docket. If you took the time to become even MODERATELY informed, you just might have a clue about why THIS series of cases is still in pre-trial...

This is not a typical case...few cases have a change of venue and few cases have this level of pre-trial appellate activity. There has been more activity from counsel on BOTH sides of the case than is seen in some capital cases. But again, you choose not to be informed. That is on you...meanwhile, it harms the Republican side of the ballot to have a candidate with multiple felonies lingering.

24. Duck Dodgers

Still don't know why this chaps you so bad. It's like you're somehow invested body and soul into the idea that it's OK to take 7 years to bring a criminal case to trial. Step back from the why's and focus on the should's.

In organization analysis this is called "being too close to the problem". People doing something for a living go into great detail into the whys of a problem, and can explain exactly why every thing takes so long and costs so much. But they don't have the distance from the problem to take a step back and say "Wait a minute. Let's decide if this is the right way of doing it".

Sports coaches often do this (when they're not saying simplistic statements like "Must play better, must play smarter" C Strong, or "Winning is hard" T Herman). They go on and on as to why they haven't won - injuries, players not panning out, turnovers, bad calls, blah blah blah. Still doesn't change the fact that they only won 3 games last year.

I have read about various pre-trial motions, changes of venue requests, etc. Doesn't change the fact that in the end, it's some judge having to listen to lawyers speaking words and then decide what to do. We're not talking the Manhattan project here - another event that took less time than to bring this case to trial.

And yes, the fact that 7 years later, felon charges are still hanging over the head of a presumed innocent man is a horrid indictment of the legal system - not me, for not "understanding" it all and thereby thinking it's OK.

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

His explanation suggests otherwise. I'm not a Bush guy, but if he won, he'd basically be an establishment center-Right guy. If Jaworski wins, he's going to use the courts to push abortion and leftism on race and gender identity.

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So you won't vote for Bush out of spite. Ok.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The more and more people dutifully always vote for their side's guy no matter what, the worse and worse candidates will be available on that side as time goes on.

28. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

If only there were a 3rd side. Or a 4th.

29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

In some races, there is...unfortunately, it is often occupied by the loons who do their best to make libtiles seem reasonable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yeah. That's true. I think that may be changing in the LP, but it isn't complete yet. Still you have to be willing to vote for someone who doesn't have a great chance to win but will send a message.