Why do I hate

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Texas__Horns, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Texas__Horns

Texas__Horns 25+ Posts

Scott Drew so much?

2. beaVo

beaVo 500+ Posts

cuz he has two first names

3. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

But I don't hate Ricky Bobby

4. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

he is a mini calipari

5. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

general got it. Mini calipari.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla 25+ Posts

I spent some time up in Northwest Indiana and watched a good bit of Valpo basketball. I came away with great respect for Homer Drew, the Valpo coach and Scott's dad. Homer is a fine coach and a man of character and integrity who has proven he can win while living by the values of a church-affiliated school. I think Baylor hired Scott Drew because they thought he'd bring those same traits after the scandal. Too bad.

7. MeaHorn

MeaHorn 500+ Posts

cuz he makes Calipari look like a Baptist...

8. Texas__Horns

Texas__Horns 25+ Posts

It's not just the dirt he brings to the game, it's his whole sideline demeanor as well that pisses me off. Like when he screams 'REBOUND' when one of our players is going up for a 3-pointer. It's called zero class.

9. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

10. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

11. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

It's not golf, if he thinks he can get an edge shouting out timely instructions then so be it. When we go on the road, I am pretty sure people let us have it at the free throw line. I am not a Scott Drew fan, and would bet he has some dirty recruiting methods, but getting mad because he talks during a free throw is kinda lame.

12. blym

blym 250+ Posts

he is pretty fired up here...

13. TXThorn

TXThorn Guest

Maybe he shoulda screamed 'rebound' 4 more times, as last I checked he lost and his team was outrebounded just like every other team we punked in the Big12 so far. I'm with you guys though, I want to beat Baylor as bad as any team we play in the conference. Something about them irks me.

14. UTDude

UTDude 100+ Posts

Because he coaches a team that is excited about being only SPOILERS.

Well . . . sometimes.

15. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

If they don't make the tourney with all that talent, then Bobby Knight is right and Scott Drew sux as a coach.

16. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

17. Texas__Horns

Texas__Horns 25+ Posts

As has been alluded to earlier, it's just a very juvenile practice to be coming from the head coach of d1 program. I did the same kind of stuff when i was 10. But I do appreciate the round-a-bout insult.