Why does Tech keep destroying their stadium?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by killerfrog17, Nov 8, 2008.

1. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

Tearing up the metal bleachers. Saw it against us, now again against OSU

2. Sirion

Sirion 25+ Posts

The explained it during the game. The fans stand on them all game, jump, stomp, etc, and they end up breaking. Then they pass them up to the top of the stands. Even had footage. The stands are just old i guess [​IMG]

Wish our fans were consistently that rowdy... and loud. That stadium is what, half the capacity of DKR?

3. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

its not destruction, but demo for a slow reconstruction project.

4. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

my brother is a Tech grad. He says that on average, one bleacher will break due to age, bad concrete, wear and tear, etc, during every big game.

but as SOON as one bleacher breaks, the idiot students immediately start TRYING to break the bleachers in front of them. i.e. they all line up and kick the side of the bleacher below them at the same time, getting the metal to break.

His exact words were... theres nothing else to do in the stands .....

• Like Like x 1
  5. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

Typical Sand Aggies

6. WildEyedBuffalo

WildEyedBuffalo 25+ Posts

Because its made out of lincoln logs.....f- their couch!!!!

7. jdelatorre

jdelatorre 500+ Posts

Have you been there?

8. the Saint

the Saint 500+ Posts

They're not that loud there, but it's not from a lack of trying.

9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I guess you were looking for something more substantial than "they're freakin' weirdos?" [​IMG]

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

On the track forum, some posters wanted to know why Texas didn't have an indoor track facility. Well, this is why. You never know when 12" of snow is going to fall in Austin! /sarc

• Like Like x 1
  12. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

tech fans take some getting used to; i lived there for a few years and the first year I was perplexed and a little offput. Bad manners.
    The second year I got into the spirit of things and realized that a lot of what they do is drunken tongue in cheek and blowing off steam in frustration for going to a school that is always second tier because of its location and need to let just about anybody in. There are a lot of students there who could not get into Texas of A&M or even some other places. The result is that a fair portion of the place is dumbed down. The ones who are good students are frustrated and the ones who aren't realize they are just killing time before entering a job market that is maybe not looking for them, etc.

I grew to love the place and when they are winning, the Tech fans are a lot more fun than the ones in Austin.

I have not sat in the student section in Austin in several decades so I cannot speak to how many drunken aholes are ensconced there; it may be like at Tech.

Anyway, I liked Lubbock a lot and it cured me of my infatuation with Austin. Though not enough to keep me from getting season tickets to the Horns games the last thirty years

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Every time I get in a car I get cured of any infatuation I might have built up about Austin since the previous time. The fans I know personally are all cool, but their fanbase overall is pretty dumb / jackassy, although nowhere near true ******* levels of Colorado, Arkansas, or Ohio State.