Wikileaks

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ptownhorn, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

so the guy said he was going to release all this info if he was killed or arrested.

well, he is arrested. has anything come out yet?

2. bronco

bronco Guest

This is a really weird deal. If I understand it correctly, Assange wants us to believe that because he is releasing sensitive/embarassing information about the USA that the USA orchestrated a beautiful set up involving women in Sweden and then were able to get the Swedish legal system in on the deal.

I kind of hope he is right. I didn't think we could pull stuff off like this anymore. I'd admit to being impressed.

3. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

For awhile- there were angles of this story that gave me a minute bit of sympathy for him. Govts were chasing him around Europe for a pimped up sex crime accusation. But- then he released a list of our most vulnerable targets- and I lost all sympathy for him.

Throw him in a cell, and all of his friends in his bunker as well. This crossed the line- he is risking innocent lives now and facilitating terrorist attacks.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

and yet the rumor is Time will name him Man , sorry, Person of the year.
    I know Times whitewashes some of their choices as the person had the most impact( negative or positive) in a year.
    I guess they are hoping they can sell a few issues this way

5. IRC

IRC 1,000+ Posts

Check out the other Persons of the Year.

Yeah, it's all about, (and ONLY about), selling magazines.

6. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

If I felt that the government was acting in the best interest of humanity, and that he was thwarting those efforts, I might agree with putting him in a cell, but I dont believe our government has humanities interest at heart at all.

And frankly, why should he honor "classified" information? Hes not an American citizen, hes a whistle blower.

And besides, this sex scandal is stupid. He had consensual sex with a woman without a condom. Oh the horror.

7. Horn89

Horn89 1,000+ Posts

So Joseph Stalin was the Man of the Year two times in four years? Interesting.

8. IRC

IRC 1,000+ Posts

9. bronco

bronco Guest

10. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

FWIW, the Person of the Year award is given to the person who was most noteworthy that year...it has nothing to do with whether they are good or bad...

You could definitely argue that Assange is one of the most noteworthy people this year, even though he's a treasonous douchebag....

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I say kill him and then see if any further documents are forthcoming.