Winston-Salem Suggestions?

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by Iantexas, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Iantexas

Iantexas 25+ Posts

We'll be there for the Nebraska- Wake Forest game this weekend. Any ideas on good places to eat, drink, spend a lot of ones? We may spend the night tomorrow, so any bar where there will be some/any/many Horns would be cool to know. Thank you.

2. miguelito

miguelito 250+ Posts

The guy in my sig probably knows, but I don't.

I bet you'd have a good time just hanging out with the Huskers fans, wherever they go.

3. SMUDeac

SMUDeac < 25 Posts

Funny. I'll be in Austin this weekend for the game, but will be watching my Deacs somewhere tomorrow.

Honestly, it's been so long since I've been to school (2001) it's hard to point you to any specifics. You might try our board at Deaconsports.com.

Generally, there are a few restaurants around the football stadium, but most of the good places are spread out around town.

Make sure you go to campus (about a mile north of the football stadium). It's a beautiful place.

4. SMUDeac

SMUDeac < 25 Posts

I'll add that I've read that the downtown area has added some bars in recent years. When I was there there were some good bars along Burke Street. I think the West End Opera House is popular among local Wake grads.

Sorry dude, I'm not much help at all. I need to get back to Winston soon. [​IMG]

5. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Isn't the original Krispy Kreme there?