wisconsin

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by purplestatic, Mar 21, 2008.

1. purplestatic

purplestatic 25+ Posts

do we have any chance? I can't believe texas lost to them @ home (sans g-johnson...but regardless)

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

They are a very good team. Not unbeatable, but I think tomorrow is probably the end of the line for you guys.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Very disciplined, but not so athletic. I believe K-State has a good chance if they play to their capabilities.

4. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

KSU to the Sweet 16.

5. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

Wisconsin basketball is a blight. I really hope you guys knock them out tomorrow. The key is to crank up the pressure and take them out of their methodical, grind-it-out game.

6. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

I actually think KSU matches up well with Wisky. Wisky plays great defense and team basketball. However, they have some significant issues on offense. With Beasley, I think KSU has a shot. I'd give KSU a 35%-40% chance to win it.

7. 4realhorn

4realhorn 500+ Posts

As an admitted Duke hater I have to disagree. Duke beat the ever loving **** out of Wisconsin earlier in the year, and plays in a tougher conference. There is absolutely no way that Wisconsin should've been seeded higher than Duke.

8. MP5

MP5 100+ Posts

Cats roll [​IMG]

9. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Badgers will frustrate any team with their methodical pace and great defense. Cheeseheads win one more tourney game.

10. purplestatic

purplestatic 25+ Posts

I do have some hope in that it seems like athletic PF's have scored @ will vs wisky.

Damion James. DJ White. Michael Beasley?

11. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

12. Trilla

Trilla 25+ Posts

Duke also had some good wins, just as Wisconsin did. It doesn't matter if you thnk Wisconsin finishd the season better, it's an entire season of work that's looked at. And some didn't think the Big 10 was worth anything anyway.

13. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Wisconsin did lose to Duke but that was in NOvember. I think Wisconsin is a better team than Duke. Duke is overrated year in and year out.

Wisconsin is solid in everything they do. I think they win this one.

14. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

Actually, there is historical precedent that the committee does consider the way a team finishes. Regardless, there was no good reason to make Wisconsin a 3 seed, and certainly no good reason to seed them lower than Duke.

15. AustinBadger

AustinBadger 250+ Posts

KSU concerns me but I think we will outcoach em.

We are going to use a lot of bigs today and really bang down low. Game is going to be slow.......I hope.

BTW, I love how some think we aren't "athletic". I think this is the same as those who think our football team is "slow."

16. no mention of KSUcks can be complete without the lamest promotional video in HISTORY. KSUcks fans, don't forget your power towels!
    The Link

oh and I'm NOT rooting for those Utah Jazz like fans, besides I like the Badgers anyways. On Wisconsin, I say!

17. purplestatic

purplestatic 25+ Posts

18. BigTEX40

BigTEX40 25+ Posts

I think that Wisconsin will win this game. They play very tough Defense, they work every possession, and although they might have the same star talent as USC, they are deeper. Much different team K state will be facing and it looks like it will be the last game for Beasley.

19. atxbaby

atxbaby 250+ Posts

I am rooting for K State because I picked USC over K State and USC over Wisconsin, so it actually helps me if K State knocks off Wisconsin.

4realhorn, that is an awesome awesome picture of Durant and Gibson! I love it! [​IMG]

20. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts