Woman with the air horn

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by The Horn Identity, Dec 22, 2009.

1. The Horn Identity

The Horn Identity 500+ Posts

Where do I begin ....

1. Frickin' idiot. Did you think you wouldn't be caught?
    2. First row behind the MSU bench. A relative? Embarrassing.
    3. Really? We suck at free throws anyways. Oh, and, we hit those two. Thanks for breaking our concentration at free-throw-sucking.
    4. Lime green? You can't even get your own colors correct.
    5. MVP. Pretty much the turning point of the game. Got our crowd going and your team never recovered. Brilliant!

2. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

^^^^^^ pretty much nailed it. I'm eating dinner and I'm watching this. I'm thinking points 1-5, exactly in that order.

3. lhbruleshalftime

lhbruleshalftime 250+ Posts

All that, and the contestant hit the "shot heard round the world" from half court during a time out for a couple of RT tix on Jet Blue.......but he didn't call the bank shot off the glass.

[​IMG]

4. Bill_McNeal

Bill_McNeal 250+ Posts

It was hilarious viewing on DVR. She stood out like a sore thumb on camera, and you see her totally reach into her purse and whip the thing out. If you know what I mean.

Could not have been more obvious. The little dance with the security guards was hilarious too.

That said, I'm glad they didn't throw her out. Hell, maybe we should have her come to all our games and set the thing off when we go to the line. She could be our new mascot.

5. BeeGee

BeeGee < 25 Posts

the Duke fans seemed to like it:The Link

I was watching her with binoculars from behind the south basket. She had a smirk on her face like "oh, they're going to toss me out". Then the cops just took the airhorn away and told her to sit down. Totally took the air (har har) out of her sails. No ESPN martyrdom for you, honey.

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Point #3 is spot on. I think that might have been the only time all night we hit both free throws. Dumb ******* *****.

7. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Well, if there is one thing Duke fans know about, it is how to disrupt a free-throw shooter.

Speedo Guy

8. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

She did have cool hair, though, I'll give her that.

9. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

10. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

From the Duke Board - we are getting some respect

" was at the game sitting at midcourt, diagonally across from the lady. She was wearing a top that was lime green in color that stood out from the other Michigan St. green seated around her. She actually used the horn twice. Since I remembered Ozzie's story about his horn confiscation (Is that correct? If not, please correct me in a kind way on this, as I am old and deserve some consideration in that respect.), and was up to date on the rules violation. After it happened the second time (I was surprised it was ignored the first time.), the fingers started pointing from all different directions as the cops closed in. While the game was stopped, the indoor TV screen did not broadcast the ensuing confrontation. There was a smattering of boos, but no big deal by the fans. I wondered why she was not thrown out and why there was no technical foul assessed, since it is a rule violation. But then, I am only familiar with the fact that it is a violation, and not with the consequences.

By the way, this could be Texas' year. Seriously. This is a different kind of Texas team with a whole different kind of attitude--------and they are already proving it. They don't really care if they don't have all the seats filled. They just plain want to win, and have the horses to do it. From a relative of mine tonight, who supplied (legitimately paid for) Barnes and his head recruiter with automobiles, the coaches feel that it doesn't matter who is in foul trouble or is tired, they said they will just run another one in to take their place who is just as good. And from what I saw, they are all really, really good.

Other salient thoughts via my relative: Barnes said that he has the easiest bball coaching job in the country. No pressure at all, as it doesn't matter if he never wins a championship. Football is THE sport at Texas, and anything else is a very, very distant second. He also said that he didn't care if Durant was a one-and-done, as it would be a big boost to his recruiting if it increased the program's national exposure. In addition, he said that he wanted to play Duke with a home-and-home, but K does not want to come to Texas, and Barnes is not going to go to NY for his home game.

Note the big difference in the Horns' defense this year. They are actually playing it. Now we will see if Barnes is finally going to come of age and win the big one. It's very possible, and it would be a nice thing to happen------especially for someone who put it to the guys down the road last week. (Of course, considering if we don't win it all, why not them as a second choice?)

And lastly, the stuff from Barnes to my relative was said over lunch at Kreuz Market. 'nuff said.
    "

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I wonder who in the Duke fanbase is related to Jeffrey?