Worst fast food experience ever

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by brandons87, Apr 18, 2008.

1. brandons87

brandons87 250+ Posts

2. Montag

Montag 250+ Posts

I bet that owner is still pissed right now. no receipts in over 2 hours of business? 50 customers lost that night, maybe more if they all never return, never mind word of mouth? damn, I'd be steamed.

3. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I can't believe all this. Who would actually wait 1 1/2 hours at a Pizza Hut for one of their crappy pizzas? Why even go to a McDonalds for anything other than using the restroom on a road trip, but if you did, how could you wait more than 2 minutes if they don't answer the speaker at the drive-thru.
    You got a car, it has keys, the car has gas, get in it and go.
    I would drive through the side of the building before sitting there 30 minutes prying on the window with some comatose crackhead schizophrenic maniac nutcase who obvioulsy would put dead cockroaches in the burger if you ever roused him out of his stupor to begin with. Damn-go somewhere else.

4. mary21

mary21 100+ Posts

Actually, I think it's funny you hung around to see what other people would do. Makes for a great story.

Where there other workers there too or was he by himself?

Did they explain WHY he ignored everyone?

Was he perhaps on METH?

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

I don't know. Just because you get bad service at a McDonald's doesn't give you the right to key someone's car. That's just ******* ridiculous.

6. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

I'm as upset as the original poster. Laziness and an unwillingness to do your job is inexcusable. Just quit, don't ride the clock. He was likely quitting anyway.

One thing though, there's only 1 guy working? Someone has to cook I would think. Maybe that's why? Was there anyway you could go in the store?

7. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

8. brandons87

brandons87 250+ Posts

Well I didnt key his car, but in this circumstance I think he deserved it. We're not just talking about bad service here. If he had just screwed up an order or something, then yes keying his car woulda been way overboard. But this went on for 2 hours last night. He coulda just told everybody that the store was closing down for whatever reason. But to just leave people hanging there all night and then refuse to give them any kind of explanation? Thats not just bad service, its overly rude and hostile to customers and in that circumstance a keying is fine by me.

Anyways, I saw more than one person inside the store, but the guy I'm talking about was apparently the shift manager. He must have told his employees not to take any more orders. He was wearing a manager shirt that looked different than the regular McDs uniform. On the videotape, the general manager confirmed that it was the shift manager's car getting keyed.

They siad there were 4 people on shift that night, which is more than enough to handle the orders. The inside lobby closes at 11 PM, so all they needed was one person on the drive thru and a couple of people preparing the food.

This was flat out laziness and nothing more. The guy didnt have any excuse whatsoever to shut down the drive thru. Like I said, I used to work fast food. Every once in a long while (maybe once a year or something) late at night we would have to close down early. But ONLY under extreme circumstances (i.e. no more meat). Even then, if you tried to close early without calling the general manager first, you were toast. Closing down early is ALWAYS a general store manager decision and never a shift manager or employee-level decision.

9. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

wow, would've sucked if it was one of the cook's cars. I'm suprised this hasn't happened more.

Good point to whoever said they'd likely spit on your food.

The more I think about it, why would he close? Unless he's the drive through guy. A manager at a restaurant doesn't do a whole lot.

10. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

Skipped breakfast. Rushing around packing and loading crap to go home for Christmas (it's Christmas Eve). Running late. Starving. 3 1/2 hour trip to make and the roads closer to home could possibly start icing. Drive through McDonalds and get something easy to eat while driving in god-awful traffic in the rain. Get about 10 miles down the road and bite into a Chicken McNugget hot and crispy on the outside, cold and raw (pink chicken parts ain't pretty) on the inside. Oh the humanity!

Those people are so lucky it would have taken me at least an hour to wind my way back to that place and throw my coke and raw mcnuggets in their face. I'm still pissed and that was almost 20 years ago. I might get a breakfast item and a coffee from McDonalds (never that specific location) once or twice a year, but that's it since then. I hear the fries are still pretty good.

One bad apple...

11. Me So Horny

Me So Horny 100+ Posts

At least it didn't look like this:

[​IMG]

12. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

13. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

I sort of believed this story until the car-keying. Methinks someone is exaggerating a little bit.

14. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

Reminds me of a time I was flying to Vegas and had to switch planes in Phoenix. I was flying America West and it was Friday. Well, there had been some pretty bad weather all over the country and the terminal was PACKED with people because all of the backed up traffic. Well, all of a sudden the gate agents at all the gates at our end of the terminal just up and walked out. They were fed up with customers screaming at them for things beyond their control and basically said "f**k this." While it was quite an inconvenience, I thought it was funny as hell to watch the pissed off people explode.

15. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

CAL, that's funny.