Worthy transfer to USC??

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LHABSOB, Nov 16, 2022.

1. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Agreed. Good point. I used to be on the field for every HS Playoff game at the old Texas Stadium.
    Great games.

2. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo 250+ Posts

Worthy, See my Post above ... mostly size and strength problem.

Bijan - I Like Bijan, but...many times when he runs up to the line he stops and tries to juke his way out of a situation and usually ends up with no yardage (like the whole TCU game it seemed). He is great when he hits the line at full speed running at/through someone which is when he is most able to break a tackle. Which he used to do quite often. Can't break a tackle standing still.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Or Southlake. I can’t say with certainty that SL ‘recruits’, but I personally know of players that went to SL as SOPH to finish their careers at SL.
    Daniels the Mizzou QB, left my high school to play at SL and a kid my son played with transferred from Hurst Bell to SL.

4. TEXAS1983

TEXAS1983 250+ Posts

As long as there has been a benefit to a team from signing a stud athlete, like from a little town that plays six man, to your team, there has been cheating.

I even remember mysterious efforts to bring in a stud tennis player (back in the 70's when people cared about tennis) to my high school. Mom got a job at the school district. Kid went to state.

The good old days never were.

5. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

The NFL is anything but dead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I hope the Worthy rumors are not true. It seems simply illogical and nonsensical to me. The guy’s catching about one touchdown a game (on average) & he has made a name for himself on the national landscape, here at Texas.

Finally, he probably has only one year left. What sense would it make to go to a different program when he is already the feature receiver here in a pass happy offense? If someone is whispering “ the grass is greener” in his ear, he needs earplugs. But if it’s about money, I don’t know what to say, except that I am nauseated.

I believe that both Worthy & Bijan are elite players. But I also believe that each is a work in process.

Worthy seems to lose sight of passes, has too many drops, has a ball securing issue and he needs to improve his percentage on 50-50 balls.

Bijan is such a special individual that it pains me to make any observations. But I do think he over uses the jump cut, and that he seems to be missing more holes this year than last. Perhaps a vision thing.

7. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

8. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

I didn’t intend to speak absolutely. The San Antonio Randolph Air Force team was allegedly bringing in talent via military transfer.

9. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

Dead to me..not literally

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

Just get an NIL deal with a pancake syrup, say, uh, Mrs. Butterworth(y)’s, and all will be good!

• Like Like x 1
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If the NFL dies, someone please post it on here as a PSA, otherwise some of us will never know.

:beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

And Sanders is proving more and more proficient at this ^^^^

13. RainH2burntO

On a positive note....I think Worthy is a very big asset getting open quick on 0-15 yard routes.
    A couple really nice routes and snags in the endzone the weeks leading up to tcu.
    Id like to see them get more creative with some routes for him within about 0-20 yards.
    And I know he is an outside receiver, but Im thinking now as an aside.....we still never use slants....never. Jwhitt and Sanders should be able to body out a db and go inside.
    And thank you Sark for the TE seams..one of my favorites offensive plays and Sanders is a great weapon there. Ewers just missed him on a big one last week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Didn't help that he was facing their whole defense every time he ran.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  15. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I think Bijan needs to cut the mustard.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. RainH2burntO

And yet Sark couldnt exploit it. Virtually no RPOs or play action pass...and very little of those nice misdirection semi bootlegs Sark throws in once in a while. No lineman flowing right or play action right but throwback or screen left.
    Use a two back set and give play action look right but throw back or pitch to other back left or slip tight end behind left...reverse.. nothing...nada. just single back sets with little to no motion and run right into 9 guys flowing up the gut or out right over and over. Sark must have missed that class on using the defense's agression against them.
    Tcu guys: Hey coach Dykes, whats the plan this week on d?
    Dykes: take away their bread and butter at all costs
    Tcu guys: But coach, what if they see what we're doing and do something different?
    Dykes: They wont

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And too many little leagues are now ruined by seriously deranged parents. I guess about all we’re left with is backyard football games.

Despite it all, I enjoy football for what it is. Maybe purity was always just an illusion.

To quote the singing of Gary Lee Weinrib* on this—you “shatter the illusion of integrity.”

*and credit his late great drummer for the lyric

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  18. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I was the commissioner in a pee wee league and some dbag coach bought a kid a bike to get him to return for the next season.
    It wasn’t illegal because we didn’t think anyone would pull crap like that for 11 year old boys.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  19. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Astounding that Sark doesn’t understand this, but he does not. It’s a massive blind spot.

I wonder if he has ever heard this old adage: “Take what the defense gives you.” Apparently not.

• Like Like x 2
  20. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

The QB has to read the coverage to take advantage of these routes.
    Ewers has been zeroing in on the 40 yard pass and overlooking wide open receivers.
    When he did throw to Sanders on a crossing route he threw it at his shoes.
    Ewers has to understand that when there's a blitzer that's where the open receiver should be.
    Not the double covered Worthy 40 yards downfield.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Is that how he ended up with 1,178 yds averaging 5.7 ypc and 12 TD's in 9 games? What makes Bijan special is yards after contact. I'll try to find the stat but I heard something like 60%+ of his yards gained are after contact. That juke move I part of that.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

I can'r blame him, they offered him 7 figures last year and this year is another train wreck. Meanwhile first year and 2nd year coaches are all competing for a playoff berth. And Texas is nowhere in the neighborhood nor will they be anytime in the near future.

23. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Josh Hoepel has done a damn good job. Not sure what the talent is but it can't be better.

24. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Man if only we had a better running back....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Not next season

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Jonathan Brooks looks smooth running the ball, real smooth.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  27. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

As smooth as smoke through a key hole.
    Smooth should be Brooks new nickname!

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Back to the OP, Worthy played hard today. I still say it is mainly the players at fault for the losses and playing out of sorts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  29. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Please update this following the KU game.
    I cannot disagree more with your opinion. The TCU plan was to stack 8 men to stop #5. I saw some plays that had two OL blocking 3 defenders. Hence the pause.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  30. mmsnake

mmsnake 250+ Posts

I think Bijan is one of the best backs I have EVER seen. His ability to cut and change direction is second to none. His combination of speed, power, balance, and cutting ability separates him from everyone else. He is also a class act person. No showboating, great sportsman, shows respect to everyone, and represents the university well. Certainly an idol and great leader. If anyone deserves a large nil package it’s him. Hopefully enough to keep him around another year. I have great respect for him and the other Robinson as well. We are lucky to have them both.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3