Would you rather...?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Plorant, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Plorant

Plorant < 25 Posts

Would you rather suffer the outcome of the Maryland game or the epic meltdown the Aggies just had on national tv? Btw, it's amazing what a good TE can do for an offense. The Rosen to Wilson connection was amazing.

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I was just about to post a similar question...if anyone thought Herman was on the hot seat after one game, Sumlin could be out the door after pissing away a 44-10 lead against UCLA.

The question now is what UCLA does on the KO coverage...they have been almost as weak as the Texas KO game.

On top of the job the offense did in the comeback, aggy also had a field goal that was called a tip but sure looked like just a miss. Either way, it is the difference in this game right now...

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

This game is over unless UCLA botches the victory formation...

4. Plorant

Plorant < 25 Posts

Sumlin will survive a few more weeks on the strength of the first 3 quarters. They looked like the complete opposite of the Longhorns yesterday. Very strong line play on both sides of the ball. It made me sick.

5. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Up until the 4th quarter, I was just hoping Antifa would infiltrate the stadium and attack the Corps members in the stands, just for some excitement. Wow, what a finish, it's like an early Christmas present.

• Like Like x 1
  6. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Wow. I can now say for sure that misery loves company.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I would rather lose the way the aggy lost because at least they flexed muscle and dominated for most of the game. We on the other hand was beaten like a red-headed stepchild(with pardons to red-headed stepchildren) the whole game. Thank goodness for our three non-offensive tds. Also UCLA got a little lucky when the ball went thru the defenders hands for a touchdown and Rosen thru up a prayer for a td before the last td. Someone should have told there dbs to defend the first of the endzone first then defend the back half if necessary.

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Let's see:

We lose at home to a team that will finish in the second half of their conference on our own field. A&M loses on the road to a legitimate contender from the PAC10.

We lose at home to a QB who we made look like a Hype$man candidate. A&M loses on the road to a Hype$man finalist.

A&M's OL dominated on the road. Ours didn't show up at home.

A&M ran and threw the ball well until their QB was knocked out. If we had lost Shane, what would our score have been AT HOME against an also ran.

After what I sat through yesterday without an injury to our QB, I take no glee in the Aggie choke. They blew a big lead to perhaps the #1 pick in the draft. We lost to also rans in clown costumes.

• Like Like x 5
  9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The question could be rephrased as one in the context of the loss; would you rather be where they are or where we are. Or stated another way, what does the loss mean? For them; it confirms that Sumlin is not going to be the answer and they can move on. The financial hit won't be as bad as it could have been. But with Herman the question is murky because we don't know if this is a reasonable loss given the state of the team he inherited or if we're looking at three years of Strong-like futility that we must endure because the administration won't want to eat Herman's contract like they are eating Charlies.

10. Plorant

Plorant < 25 Posts

I'm not ready to pull the cord on Herman based on one game. It's hard to not have a knee jerk reaction. We're all passionate. I'll give any new head coach at least a season before I form any real judgments.

On the other hand, we all know how hard it is to get a program going again after you fire your coach. So the Aggies are still a step back in that regard. They'll have to worry about any recruits they have currently committed jumping ship. With this new signing period in December, I don't see the Aggies firing Sumlin until after bowl season. But who knows... they could win the rest of their games.

• Like Like x 1
  11. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Ucla won what 4 games last season Maryland won 6 legit contenders idk about that

• Like Like x 1
  12. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Anyone who thinks Herman is or should be on the hot seat is dumber than a bag of hammers.

• Like Like x 2
  13. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Aggy will move on from Sumlin. They have the same task that our leaders had last year at the end of the season - get the choice of new coach right. There cannot be a swing and miss and a solid base hit is not adequate, the ball has to be hit out of the park. Did we do this? The ball is still in the air and we are waiting to see if it is caught on the warning track by the center fielder, or if it is caught by fan in the center field seats. On Saturday at 10:55 AM many of us (myself included) thought we knew our answer. By 3:00 PM, we were very unsure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Neither feels good, of course, but I'd rather lose a home opener the way we did as opposed to blowing a >30 point lead.

In the grand scheme of things, Aggie will be just fine. They actually have some serious talent and a good foundation, but they have a QB problem now and we know how that works. The Horns? I don't know. Someone said that the picture is 'murkier' and I agree with that. Mid-September through October will be very interesting for the Horns.

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Actually Herman's PC today will provide some insight. Excuses and "we have to play better/smarter" will not cut it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

You forgot "just"

• Like Like x 2
  17. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

The funny thing is when we lose I still wear my UT gear. When aggy loses they disappear from public life in the fetal position for awhile. Once they have to get out they don't wear that awful maroon and rip off the aggy decals off their cars.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

I give you full props for that. I had to set an alarm to take down my UT flag in the middle of the night so nobody would see me.

19. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

As deflating as our loss was -- and it was terrible, what the Aggies suffered was worse. Regardless of the caliber of the opponent, their meltdown was epic.

Which fan base feels worse today? I'll bet that it's not ours.