WR Position for 2020

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LHABSOB, Oct 31, 2019.

1. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

With Duvernay, Collin Johnson and John Burt all graduating, Brennan Eagles situation up the air with the rumored tiff with Mehrigner, Jordan Pouncey having entered the transfer portal, Josh Moore suspended due to the firearm issue and Jake Smith rumored to be homesick- one doesn't have to let their imagination run too deep to all of the sudden think we could have a chitstorm on our hands at the WR position next year.

We better figure out what Epps and Woodard can do before the season is up this year!

Thankfully Bru McCoy should be ready to go for next year.... oh wait!
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  2. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

3. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Whittington can move back to WR, unless Robinson joins the de-commit list.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Smith would be crazy to leave. He'll get 100 targets next year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Pouncey entered the portal? Darn, I hadn’t seen that. Why?

6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

You are quite the rumor mill. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

All the more reason I would throw to Collin every down, except when I throw to Dev. Then about every 10th or maybe 12th play I’d give it to Kirk, Collin’s brother. Hookem!

8. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Playing time......

9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well crap, doesn’t anyone think they have to earn it anymore? Or does he think he’s better than the coaches do? Or does he want to a school with less talent? Jeez!

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Don't blame kids for transfering after second or third year at a school if they aren't getting playing time. Its the Freshmen who leave that make a person shake their head.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Could be he is not good enough to crack the top two rotations.

12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

That is what it sounds like. Unfortunately the real damage is it cost Texas his brother also.

13. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think we'll have a "2007" type year, when Nate Jones came out of nowhere and led the team in receiving. Very committee-esque.

Smith
    Eagles
    Epps
    Washington
    Woodard
    Lewis
    Johnston
    Omeire

It's not deep, but you can't say it's not talented either, especially if Ingram and Whittington improve and catch a ton of stuff out of the backfield. I could see each of Smith/Eagles/Epps getting 40+ catches. Heck, we're kind of blessed to be where we are in the passing game this year, considering how hurt CJ has been and how Duvernay wasn't expected to be the team leader he is. It helps that Sam is the QB too and not someone like Swoopes or Case.

I also think this might be dependent on Mehringer taking a small school OC or HC job so that we could get some fresh blood and better receiver usage ideas on the table.