WR/track Davion Curtis - edit>commits

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Article on Davion Curtis
    http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.c...-recruiting-2016-davion-curtis-devwah-whaley/
    film in the link
    --------------------------------------------------------

Interesting News On 2016 WR Target
    By: Andrew King
    Posted on: October 28, 2015

Last night I spoke with a source close to Temple HS and Georgia WR 2016 commit, Davion Curtis. This source shared with me Curtis has been offered a scholarship by Texas for track. The source also said the Texas track planned to speak with the UT football staff, since Curtis wants to both run track and play football in college.

Curtis could be on a plan similar to former Texas WR and Olympic long-jumper, Marquise Goodwin. Curtis has track offers from schools like Texas A&M and LSU, also schools like Georgia and Houston have told him he can do both sports.

As most of you may know, Curtis has said in the past Texas is his dream school. And if things continue to align like they seem to be now, he could be in burnt orange come NSD. Even if he doesn’t end up at Texas, however, at this point I would be fairly surprised if he sticks with Georgia. Based on what I’ve been told, he was somewhat rushed into make a decision after the Bulldogs offered and it seems distance from home will play a big factor in his final decision. Schools like Oklahoma State and TCU are starting to show quite a bit of interest in Curtis right now and could be players in his recruitment down the line.

As I’ve said in previous posts, Curtis and RB Devwah Whaley are very close. And if Curtis were to end up in Austin that could help in the efforts to land Whaley, who seems to be Georgia bound right now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Georgia imploding doesn't hurt.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Scout saying the report of a track scholarship offer to Davion Curtis is false.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

“I wanted to be a Longhorn for as far back as I can remember,” Curtis said. “I always dreamed of it when I played Pop Warner. My family loves Texas, so I loved Texas growing up. Making the commitment means so much to me and my family.”

“I see a bright future ahead for Texas. I always wanted to be a part of the tradition at Texas. I could see myself fitting in, especially after what I saw against Kansas. I’m really excited.”

http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Curtis-on-committing-to-UT-making-dream-come-true--41028947

• Like Like x 2
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Congratulations and welcome.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Texas landed WR Davion Curtis on Thursday night. He has stated on multiple occasions that Texas is his dream school and would love an offer from the Longhorns. Well, About a week ago, the offer came. When Head Coach Charlie Strong called the speed WR, Curtis actually thought it was a prank call at first. After he found out he had been offered a scholarship, all Curtis had to say was “I’m in”. Curtis fills the spot a WR that was held by now Baylor commit Tren’Davion Dickson, they have much different playing styles though. Curtis is a deep ball, speed WR and Dickson is a guy who can snag anything and has great body control.

Curtis will have some pull on two other recruits specifically that hold Texas offers. The first one is 2017 DE Taquon Graham, who was offered by Texas recently. Graham said he didn’t want to commit early but that could change with Curtis’ commitment. The other recruit is RB Devwah Whaley, whom he built a good relationship on their Georgia official visit and have remained in close contact since. Also Curtis and Whaley’s moms have become good friends since the official visit, and we all know the factor mom’s can play during the recruiting process.

Curtis is commit #12 for Texas and is a guy with speed they need at that position with a guy like Daje Johnson leaving after this season. Overall this is a very nice pickup for Charlie Strong and a guy who absolutely bleeds burnt orange.

http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2015/11/letsride-wr-davion-curtis-flips-to-texas/

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

A speeeed guy!! :hookem::bevo::texasflag: Welcome to Texas!

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts