WRs

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LHABSOB, Sep 8, 2019.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I could be wrong, but...even going back to times last year...definitely vs LSU...Collin looks to be having some issues separating.....Sometimes it is poorly thrown balls, I am sure, but...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I pointed out to some LSU fans that Jake Smith the true freshman caught a TD pass on a projected first round draft pick in next year’s draft Delpit. He said the same thing could be turned around and their true freshman Stingley shutdown our #1 WR C Johnson. I told them that Duvernay is our #1 WR. They can ask Delpit.
    LOL

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  3. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Duverney looks more like Quan Cosby all the time. a man amongst boys.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I want to see him lay some wood on someone like Quan did in the 2008 OU game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

At this point you need to take a very deep breath and look at Duvernay's statistics.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I looked at the scoreboard instead.

We missed LJ. Period

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Did he miss any of the losses last year?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

WRs looked solid to me. Maybe LJ could have helped us at cornerback.

I kid. Of course we could have looked even better on O with LJH and perhaps we score 52 points if he were here.

But the more glaring issue we hardly managed to impede the LSU offense.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. RainH2burntO

I mentioned this earlier..somewhere...
    I hate say it, but looks to me like CJ has some issues gaining separation. Think about it...even memorable catches he has made last few years are always tough and well covered. No doubt, he has incredible playmaking ability at point of catch and physical make-up to make things happen when covered, but starting to think he should be used differently...not sure how. I did see TH put Burt in a couple times...but didnt do with him what I would have. If you are going put Burt in, have him run the up on that outside that they kept trying to force to CJ. IDK....Love CJs potential...kind of reminding me of 2017 Dez right now, though..football-wise. I'm not so sure I wouldn't let CJs skill set replace LJH in the slot occassionally and move Dev around to keep defenses guessing....and run Eagles or Burt over top.
    Btw...think this was mentioned somewhere here or another source....but Eagles looks like a potential NFL receiver..his movement, body control, ability to find space, and ball-tracking (especially down field) look like the real deal. Expect him to grow quickly into a beast if utilized properly.
    And this post is not saying give up on CJ...no way. He has had some good moments for us and, we need him to shine. Hope he finds that next level and the offense finds ways to take advantage of his skill set.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  11. odehorn

odehorn < 25 Posts

Question for those who attended the game, was CJ double-teamed most of the time?

12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Usually man on with one over top. He did get open at times but would get covered quickly. Sam unfortunately, Showa some consistent tendencies to throw after his receivers are open or be behind on the long balls. Well that is when he doesn’t overthrow. Long ball is definitely not his strong suit but he is hitting some of the middle routes in stride.
    Hookem

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

38 pts should have won the game. Period.

14. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Agree, but we only had 7 at the half. Having LJ go off on that secondary like he did vs ou would have been a difference maker.

He's gone, can't bring him back. But surely missed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

The issue with Collins has a lot to do with how they are using him. I have looked at the film but about 90% of the passes to him were him just running a straight line.

When they had him running other routes They were able to get him the ball pretty easily. Point is, if they wan't to truly utilize his skills, they need to find ways of freeing him up, not just run a straight line and I'll throw you the ball.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. RainH2burntO

I'm real serious about lining him up at the slot at times and moving Dev around. Would accomplish what you are saying, put a more similar type body/skill set filling LJHs role, and keep defenses guessing more. And I agree with you... they run that straight up too much. Need to try the skinny post, post, deep crossing and outside more on that outside receiver. OU does it all the time and keeps safeties from getting comfortable.
    JMHO

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. RainH2burntO