WVU brings the swag

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by FBTxEx, Feb 11, 2012.

1. FBTxEx

FBTxEx 25+ Posts

2. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

They dismantled Clemson. They should be proud.

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

A bit Baylorish, if you ask me.
    I hope we never do that...........the billboard part. But I'm ecstatic about WVU joining the Big 12 [​IMG]

4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I was thinking same thing, only kinda aggswaggish. Glad they are part of Big12 though..

5. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

The Big 12 ended up with the the defending Orange Bowl Champion and the previous year's Rose Bowl Champion. Not bad.

6. BurntOrangeOnly

BurntOrangeOnly 500+ Posts

Baylorish? Aggy? Yeah. It's not like Longhorns would ever rent a plane to pull a 45-35 banner or anything.... [​IMG]

7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Hey Buster! If we want this thread littered with facts,will give 'em to ya! [​IMG]

8. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, let's rent a billboard in College Station, and put "Sawed anything off lately?"

9. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

Wasn't the 45-35 banner a form of lobbying to the poll voters anyway? I think the two situations are different. Reminding people of 45-35 was a way to get UT ranked higher than OU. WVU is just doing this to brag about themselves.

10. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

George is right. WVU and TCU are already creating excitement.

11. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

12. 1963_Frosh

1963_Frosh 250+ Posts

In everyone's excitement about TCU and WVU joining the Big 12, no one has mentioned that their addition makes it increasingly difficult to have an undefeated season. In my lifetime of observing the Longhorn's undefeated (or 1 loss teams), starting with 1961, at least half of the wins were against cupcake teams, with at most two or three real tests.

You're not going undefeated if you have six or seven hard fought games on your schedule. With the emergence of Baylor and Okla State, and our traditional difficulties with OU and Kansas State, adding WVU and TCU, plus an occasional non-conference toughie doesn't bode well for me unless their programs sink back to mediocrity.

Even with a four team playoff for the NC, having only one loss doesn't assure making the final four. So what does everyone want, a lot of exciting regular season games, or for the Horns to be in the running for the NC?

13. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

BOTH !!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

I hate playing ulala, Rice, Utep, I can't even remember all the cupcakes we've played a&m [​IMG]

However, you have a point since the SEC split up into two divisions they've done well.