X Games coming to Austin

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BabHorn, Jul 18, 2013.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

As the news outlets have already reported, the timing of it coinciding with graduation weekend is not perfect but doable. People will just need to plan ahead. Supposedly budget rooms for that weekend are already listing at 400 bucks a night.

4. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Do they let old guys attend?
    This is big for Austin, huge. Formula 1 huge, or close to it.

5. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

it's over 3 days with attendance in the area of 30K a day. It's going to be a boom for the local economy with estimates in the 50 million range. [​IMG]

6. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Food carts are going to do phenomenal.

7. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Accurate and loop must attend the alternate RX games sponsored by AARP.

They are both really looking forward to the event where the athletes jump from planes with their walkers. They perform their routines and then deploy their chutes and try to stick a six point landing.

Extra points are awarded if they can leave the landing zone without using their Life Alerts.

Help, I've fallen 10 thousand feet and I can't get up! [​IMG]

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

What an idiotic post that is. One would not jump from a plane with a walker! They would slide off the plane or scoot. You lose points if your dentures fall out or your toupee falls off. If your VapOrub is smelled from more than five feet away you get a deduction.

9. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

slow clap

11. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

In order to clarify what method is used to propel the athletes from the plane in free style aerial walker competition I contacted officials of the RX Games.

I also asked them what is the biggest issue in the games and what new events they are considering.

I was pleased to receive answers from two of these officials which are Mi No Yung of China and Veer E. Olde of Sweden.

They both said that after extensive research that a conveyor belt was chosen to expel the athletes from the plane. The athlete and the walker are placed on the belt and as the desired altitude and location are reached a green light goes on and the door is opened and the belt started. The only mishap was in the beginning the person in charge of the conveyor belt once put the belt in reverse and the athlete and walker were deposited to the other wall of the plane. Needless to say that the athlete and walker were not capable of further competition. To prevent this from happening again the reverse function was removed from all belts to be used in the Games.

Yung and Olde alike said the main controversy in this year's RX Games is whether or not to classify Geritol as a PED. (performance enhancing drug)

A large protest by athletes was threatened if this happens. Officials hope that if this goes into effect that the athletes won't be able to make it to the designated protest area before the end of the Games or that most will forget about the ban after nap time.

Olde said that Rythmic Bingo is leading as a possible addition to next year's Games. Yung said the only problem is deciding on the proper apparatus for use in this event. Possibly a ribbon tied to the bingo marker.
    Olde favors just making the entire competition free style so the athletes can express whatever they are feeling at the time about B9,I22,N45,G60,O75, or even the free space.

I hope this clears things up as the RX Games approach and adds to the excitement that only this competition can produce.

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts