Yanks sign Teixeira

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Horn69, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

at least according to one ESPN scrawl. On different ESPN channel it says Teixeira is considering Red Sox and Angels. Ha.

If true, they deserve each other.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

2. mynametaken

mynametaken 100+ Posts

The way he handled this proved to me he's a douchebag. You're right, he should fit right in with the Yankees.

I can't wait to see what happens when the Yanks finish 3rd in the East again this year.

3. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

Wow. Sabathi, Burnett, and now Teixeira. Regardless of how you feel about the Yankees, that is an impressive crew to sign in the off-season.

4. TheRoot21

TheRoot21 100+ Posts

and they will probably end up with manny too

5. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

How did his handling of this qualify him as a douchebag?

Are you confusing him with Furcal, or is there something about his signing that isn't common knowledge? [​IMG]

6. ColdHornFan

ColdHornFan < 25 Posts

7. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

It's pretty clear by Texiera's comments and the lack of negotiation by the Yankees that Tex and NYY had an agreement early on that the Yankees would top the highest offer.

The Red Sox and Angels figured this out and bailed early.

8. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

One of these day MLB is going to have to come up with a real salary cap - it may be the only way to put a muzzle on the Yankees (and to a lesser extent, the Red Sox).

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. grinder

grinder 500+ Posts

Teixeira, you are a *****. Congrats on contributing to the long-running demise of MLB.

P.S. F Scott Boras.

10. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

11. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Anybody who has been watching Teixeira since he signed on as a rookie with the Rangers should have a heart attack and die of NOT surprise. He's always been clear he's after big money and wants to playfor a big winner. The minute he could go free agent, he went free agent and the Yankees are about the only folks who could afford him without making big cuts elsewhere in the organization.

You can't really hate the guy for fulfilling his wishes, but forgive me if I don't give ecstatic congratulations. As a fan of the Texas Rangers and Major League Baseball, the whole situation is about as pleasant as fresh dog crap on the bottom of my shoes.

12. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

What Crockett said.

Twice.

13. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

It was about the mone; I'm shocked. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Doesn't really seem as bad as the Furcal thing to me, but I keep forgetting that it is the Yankees - so it must be worse.

14. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

15. mynametaken

mynametaken 100+ Posts

Tex and Boras personally requested that Henry, Lucchino, and Epstein fly down to Texas to meet with them. When they got there they were point-blank told that they had much better offers than the Red Sox and put the owners on the spot.

Making the owners fly to Texas to meet with you personally during the Christmas holidays only because you want to squeeze more money out of them qualifies as the ultimate in douchebag status to me.