YES!!! Go Blue!!

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by TexanWolv, Nov 20, 2008.

1. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

What a great victory. I'm really proud of how well they played tonight. I agree with Dick that UCLA is not worthy of a top 5 ranking but it was still a great victory and showed what Beilein is capable of doing. Man...I'm pumped! [​IMG]

2. UnBiased Horn

UnBiased Horn 250+ Posts

i watched the whole thing, good game and huge win for Michigan. michigan looks like they got that system down a little better this year and added some players that fit. time for the horns to move up.

3. ghost

ghost 500+ Posts

TexanWolv - I told you this match up would be a great game. I was impressed with both team's perimeter defense. On several occasions, each offense never even made it past the foul line.

Shipp was horrible tonight. Good think Holiday played a heck of a game. As for Michigan, Harris and Sims were money as usual, along with Douglass. What is up with that kid Gibson. I can't believe he has a scholarship. Being 6'10" must help his cause. He is horrible.

4. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

The 1-3-1 is ridiculously hard to teach and run but if you can do it...like Beilein....boy is it good. I can't imagine the looks on kids faces when you walk in and say our smallest guy is going to patrol the baseline under the basket....our center is going to be up near the 3-pt line....and we will have a guy between their two guards up almost to half court.

5. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

Gibson looked terrible in the first 5 minutes...but pulled it together and had some good moments though he didnt play much of the second half. I wonder what the team would look like with Udoh patrolling the middle had he not transferred (although I question how he would fit into the offense).

Douglass was a kid that Michigan basically beat Valpo to get. I think Beilein just knows how to recruit kids for his system and Douglass is going to turn out to be a steal for Michigan. I'm really looking forward to the PG from Los Angeles to come in next year.