you know who's smiling right now?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by glenn, Jun 14, 2010.

1. glenn

glenn 1,000+ Posts

colorado

instead of rejoining the big/swc, the pac-10 would have no choice but to incorporate them at least as much as they have the az schools.

edit: just realized what i said is ambiguous. i meant instead of rejoining the big/swc arm of the pac-16.

2. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

I think Nebraska is pretty happy right now also.

3. glenn

glenn 1,000+ Posts

well, yes, but they've been delirious for a few days. i'm talking about especially right now.

unless . . .

i wonder if there is any contingency in the colo to pac deal that requires texas to join. if so, oops.

4. North Cove

North Cove < 25 Posts

Oh no doubt ! [​IMG]

God forbid should any school make decisions without considereing what UT wants !

5. elgato

elgato 25+ Posts

i know pac10 is not smiling, they got a terrible football team, no baseball, and mediocre basketball team,

6. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

The residual B12N is grinning like the Cheshire Cat at the thought of salvation from the MAC.

7. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

I dont think NU's lovefest with it's new conference will last. They got away from us, but they also got away from Texas recruits. They go from king of the B12 N to scrapping with Iowa and Wisc. for 3rd place in the conference. They get what they asked for, imho.

8. glenn

glenn 1,000+ Posts

well, c'mon, cove. we've seen ample evidence that the pac-10 has been zeroed exactly on getting texas on board. it isn't inconceivable that they might make colorado's admittance contingent.

we've all known that colorado and, perhaps, utah would make good additions for the pac-10, but maybe the pac boys don't really want to expand unless they can make an arrangement like was planned.

more: you know it could be bad for colorado, now that i think about it. they are strapped for cash and now it looks like the conference isn't going to shatter. ouch.

also, if the deal with pac is contingent on filling out to 16 teams, they could be out the door with a pissed-off big 12 not willing to take them.

9. glenn

glenn 1,000+ Posts

absolutely right, kgp and duck. have to wonder how long the honeymoon in the big ten is going to last.

10. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Its funny, NU left for more money. But then the schools remaining n the Big 12 get offered more money.
    So as far as that goes, it seems like a wash for NU, but then with the recruiting aspect = HUGE NET LOSS.
    NU might be competitive in the Big 10 for a little while, but unless they find they can recruit OH and PA....

11. Sooner in Korea

Sooner in Korea 250+ Posts

The PAC__ TV contract was so bad that I don’t think adding CU will get them even close to the top 3 conferences.

Oh yeah….we also get to split $20 million from both CU and UNL.

12. glenn

glenn 1,000+ Posts

i don't see how either colorado or a&m could pay the 10 mill.

13. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

OB and Chip. You can't buy this kind of pub.

The deserters don't need to pay any money; they just have to make ends meet without most of their share of the conference income while here (as I understand it). Colorado may have to get a bridge loan to pay the electricity bill, though.

14. Shark4

Shark4 2,500+ Posts

15. Oakhill Horn

Oakhill Horn 250+ Posts

I seriously doubt the Pac-10 would have announce Colorado as its newest member if there was a contingency to the deal.

Shark may have a point on the recruiting angle for the cornholers.

16. JOSEYWALES66

JOSEYWALES66 100+ Posts

If the Big 12 survives, you know who will not be smiling? The Pac 10.

No way they only wanted to add one team. It would not shock me for them to withdraw the offer to Colorado. Of course it would play out in the media that Colorado reconsidered the Big 12 after the new t.v. contract was renegotiated.

17. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

18. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Its funny, NU left for more money. But then the schools remaining n the Big 12 get offered more money.
    So as far as that goes, it seems like a wash for NU, but then with the recruiting aspect = HUGE NET LOSS.
    NU might be competitive in the Big 10 for a little while, but unless they find they can recruit OH and PA....

Nebraska could have screwed themselves. they have about 20 plyers from tx. they will lose that connection. they think they will be able to recruit the east but there are better schools up there now. nu could be like indiana in a few years. a doormat in the big 10. also, i thought osbourne loojked like an *** in the press conference. "we didnt kill the conference, 1 team doesnt make a conference..." im reminded by his world class rationalizations when he coached there.

19. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

How warm and fuzzy do you think the Pac 10 is right about now towards aggy? I bet they have a dart board with their logo on it.

20. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts