You like Wraps? f Freebirds and

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by HornBud, Nov 22, 2002.

1. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

go to Clay Pit. Tandoori Naan wraps beat the **** out of anything Freebirds has. Tastier, bigger, and damn near the same price. Don't know it's on their dinner menu, but it's there for lunch.
    The Link

2. AkakHorn

AkakHorn 100+ Posts

I concur about the Tandoori wraps ... outstanding. However, I've had a number of VERY bad meals at Clay Pot, which is a bummer because I love Indian cuisine.

3. Clay Pit is hit or miss at best. When it is good, it is really good. Their lunch buffet is good because it is central. I will def. try these wraps you refer to. They sound great. Thanks for the info. (Oh, I love the ambiance in Clay Pit, very nice.)

4. adi_7_anand

adi_7_anand 100+ Posts

those tandoori naan wraps are the bomb! i like freebirds, chipotle and the usual taqueria burrito yoo, but these wraps are massive! i actually don't like the claypit lunch buffet too much, so i prefer ordering of the lunch entrees (..the tandoori naan wrap!). i think i prefer the sarovar and taj palace buffets. for real good indian kabobs and other such stuff, try Airport Haven (or Spicy Tandoor) on airport and lamar, it ain't the fanciest restaurant, but the kebabs etc of the menu are very authentic (heck, i grew up in india), try the Bihari Kebabs, it is the ****! having said that, the dinner items at clay pit have always been awesome.

5. adi_7_anand

adi_7_anand 100+ Posts

btw, Joel is that you on one of the posts?

6. Angry Gus

Angry Gus < 25 Posts

india man that is one crazy far away land but there food is not half bad

7. RichUT

RichUT 250+ Posts

So just because you lived in India you think you know what is authentic? Whatever. You're most likely a fraud. You know, the type that starts watching cool movies (Swingers) and TV shows (South Park) after somebody else tells you how cool they are.

8. adi_7_anand

adi_7_anand 100+ Posts

huge appearance! on the tandoori naan wraps thread even. whatever, you know who told you about south park, swingers, friday and all the good shite back in the day. i wish we still had the keys to the kitchen. i miss the ice cream selection.

9. RichUT

RichUT 250+ Posts

Firday? Nice try slipping that one in. I owned a copy of that movie before I ever met your sorry ***. The ice cream rocked, but don't forget about the bag lunches. Those were pretty good too.

10. adi_7_anand

adi_7_anand 100+ Posts

where were you today you douche bag, didnt see you at the tailgate

11. Gardner Barnes

Gardner Barnes 250+ Posts

teh problem with indian food is that if you go to order something you smell like freaking curry for like 8 days. That odor doesn't go away.

12. adi_7_anand

adi_7_anand 100+ Posts

i like the smell! i made curry for the first time last week and my apt smelt of sweet meat curry all week. perfect.