You will like this

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by tbone, Feb 12, 2008.

1. tbone

tbone 250+ Posts

2. The Horn Identity

The Horn Identity 500+ Posts

I was there. One of the most satisfying UT victories of all times. Thanks for the memories.

3. tj11_hookem

tj11_hookem 100+ Posts

good videos

4. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

first off damn... Ricky's freshman year was 12 1/2 years ago...
    I remember this game like yesterday.... Corey Pullig?? Great QB

Long Live James Brown!!!!

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yes that sat very well with me.

Chris Carter. I'd forgotten about him. What a badass.

6. wright11

wright11 25+ Posts

couldnt help but watch ricky's run to pass dorset while i was on youtube. brought back tons of memories and goosebumps. awesome. [​IMG]

7. Les Claypool

Les Claypool 25+ Posts

I never saw Herschel or Archie or a lot of others. Screw Reggie Bush. Ricky was the best college back I have ever seen. Jury is still out on pro running back.

8. BDog

BDog 250+ Posts

9. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

That number 11 guy is pretty good. Didn't he win some award years later?

10. TheContractor

TheContractor 250+ Posts

That was a pretty solid team. Good/Great playmakers on both sides.
    D was good too with Carter, Westbrook and Brackens and others.

11. ThirtyFiveAlive

ThirtyFiveAlive 25+ Posts

Ah, the famous one-legged Brown game! Truly one of my most cherished UT memories: Ricky Williams, Tony Brackens and Bryant Westbrook--three of my favorite all-time 'Horns and arguably the best three players ever to wear the Burnt Orange & White at their respective positions.

*sigh*

Fuckin' Mackovic.

Thanks, tbone.

12. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

for all the crap he still takes, mackovic recruited some really good defensive players and left them on D. westbrook, carter, thomas, and allen formed one of our best secondaries. brackens, chris akins, aaron humphrey, casey hampton and shaun rogers. he couldn't, however, recruit a stud LB if his life depended on it, and he let darnell run that stupid 3-4 heisman-maker sieve of a run D. still, that D came up big in a few big games: '94 OU, '95 aggy, '96 Nebraska (they scored 27, but we held them below their avg when everyone thought they were going to steamroll us).

after that aggy game, my dad loaded us all up in the 88 plymouth voyager and took us down to watch the UT students run around the drag and to see the tower ablaze in full burnt orange for the first time (for my eyes).

13. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

That Texas D coordinaor called a great game. Who was that...?

14. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Jeez...I feel like it's been a while since we've had those kinds of studs on D.

15. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

With the exception of the Rose Bowls, that was the best game I've ever attended.

16. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

That video never gets old. Great game. Singing the Eyes on pyle field afterwards is a wonderful memory.

[​IMG]

17. CajunHorn

CajunHorn 100+ Posts

How Pullig or McElroy were able to form a cognitive thought after the hits they took in that game is beyond me. On second thought, they likely couldn't have even before they stepped on that crappy field.

18. orangebones

orangebones 500+ Posts

i have a copy of the AAS sports section on that game; i'll find it somewhere. does anybody remember the post game comments by westbrook? he said something to the effect of, "we killed them, we shot them with 9mm guns." it didn't gather a whole lot of attention that i remember, but can you imagine if someone said that now?

19. 16-6 Texas

16-6 Texas < 25 Posts

That was my Senior year. We tried to get on the field after the game as there were seats on the track. But then the Aggy melee...
    The A&M students had no idea what they were supposed to do after a loss at home. It was odd watching the A&M waiting to be told what to do. My first real taste af Aggy.

Hook'em

20. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

Man, that Westbrook hit is just FILTHY HARD! WOWZERS! [​IMG] [​IMG] I love seeing that every time.

21. tbone

tbone 250+ Posts

Has any Longhorn worn out aggy like Ricky?

I'd like to see his stats against them. I bet he had 700 yards against them in his career. Dat Nguyen must still have nightmares about him.

22. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

By far that was the best game I ever attended. Snuck in for free, was on the field the entire 2nd half (look at some of those plays where the aggy sideline was shown & you'll see it was packed with unrestricted fans), rushed onto pyle field's sacred 50 yard line with 8 secs left on the clock, celebrated our assbeating of aggy until the nazi youth started the riot, walked back to car singing poor aggys & Texas Fight with one of the cheerleaders under my arm, drove home to Austin & partied for an hour with Mr. Williams that night on 6th street.

Who could've asked for anything more in 1995? [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. irishtexan

irishtexan 100+ Posts

24. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

25. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

26. The Horn Identity

The Horn Identity 500+ Posts

Cedric had a pretty good run against them as well.

27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

28. beencounting

beencounting 500+ Posts

Chris Simms did well against A&M

29. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy 100+ Posts

Notice what happens to Pullig for hanging around too long on the Texas sideline after his late interception. Go to the 4:57 mark to see the play. [​IMG]

Hook'em Horns

30. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

That game was huge! [​IMG]