Young player that excites you the most

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by bdog33, Jun 7, 2008.

1. bdog33

bdog33 100+ Posts

What young Longhorn player (Freshman, RS-Freshman, Soph, RS-Soph) are you excited about seeing the field?

my list:
    15) James Kirkendoll - One of the fastest players on the team
    14) Ben Wells
    13) Christian Scott
    12) Keenan Robinson
    11) Vondrell McGee
    10) Blaine Irby
    9) Tray Allen
    8) Eddie Jones
    7) Chykie Brown
    6) DeSean HalesThe Link
    5) Malcolm Williams
    4) Curtis Brown - Was a 5 star prospect, can he show it?
    3) John Chiles
    2) Dan Buckner - The next Roy/Limas?
    1) "Fozzy" - The name, and the kid can flat out run w/ the football in his hands. (6th all-time career rushing leader in Texas 5A history)

2. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

i seem to be the only one who thinks that Fozzy will not live up to Hornfans.com poster's expectations.

3. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

4. origino

origino 250+ Posts

Hales...hopefully he will shine.

5. LoveHorns

LoveHorns Guest

6. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

7. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

8. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

9. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I'll go with Chiles.

10. texaz135

texaz135 < 25 Posts

dont know if he is considered young or not, but Sergio Kindle for my two cents

11. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

12. burntorangebaybe

burntorangebaybe < 25 Posts

Those are some great young players. If they can stay healthy and eliigible, I like the prospects for 2009 and 2010.

I think one of the back four on defense makes the biggest contribution, simply because those are our holes, and these kids will be playing a lotl.

13. HoosierHorn

HoosierHorn 500+ Posts

fozzy better get more than "junk" time...

14. TNLonghorn

TNLonghorn 500+ Posts

Dude...
    That DeShaun Hales highlight reel was amazing, especially it just being from his senior season. If he continues to bring that to the collegiate level and continues to improve, he could be the VY of the RB position.
    I'm not saying...I'm just saying. [​IMG]

15. beencounting

beencounting 500+ Posts

Carter on the DL.

16. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

17. pfhornfan

pfhornfan < 25 Posts

Malcolm Williams for me because of his size and speed, and the fact that he has had a year in the system. Kirkendoll seems so small. I know he was a play maker in high school so get the ball in his hands some how but over all I like Williams and Buckner better as receiver. Also I didn't see any mention of D.J. Monroe or Aaron Williams. Kind of surprised about that.

18. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

19. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Sam Acho and Mike Wilcoxson. I think we will be excited by their performances when they get to shine.

20. djezspread

djezspread 100+ Posts

Wilcoxon? Are you serious?

For me it's got to be Chykie Brown on defense and Fozzy on offense. I have a feeling the Fozzy Bandwagon is going to start filling up around week 4 of the season.

21. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Yes him and yes I am serious. He has a motor on him and he is doing very well. Very consistent player with a great attitude, good grades, etc... I think he may surprise people whenever he gets to see the field.

He was not the hyped romantic name of the class but if you saw his performance in the Army All-Star game you could see that he is a player through and through.

He has an upside that if realized, can be a very special player so yeah, I am excited.

22. bdog33

bdog33 100+ Posts

I can't believe I didn't put Aaron Williams and D.J. Monroe on the list. I would prob. put Aaron Williams in the 6-8 range, and D.J. Monroe in the 8-10 range.

23. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

What I love about this list is that there is a variety of names all with great potential for dramatic impact. This bodes well as opposed to having the same 2 or 3 names only. This equates to great recruitng. I adore Mack Brown and his staff.

24. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

25. oraclehorn

oraclehorn 25+ Posts

Wilcoxon? Are you serious?

For me it's got to be Chykie Brown on defense and Fozzy on offense. I have a feeling the Fozzy Bandwagon is going to start filling up around week 4 of the season.

------------------------------------------------

No way Mack lets Fozzy compete that early.

26. djezspread

djezspread 100+ Posts

right, but if mcgee isn't averaging 5ypc or 120ypg the fans are going to be clamoring for the foz.

27. Austin180

Austin180 1,000+ Posts

I'll say it again MICHAEL WILCOXON. He's bigger than Lokey and has the same motor. [​IMG]

28. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

So many to choose from ... what a problem to have.

On defense, I love Sam Acho. I think fans are not going to be able to get enough of this guy once he gets regular PT.

I really, really like Fozzy as well. I don't know that he's going to get the PT as early as some of you think, but I see him becoming an impact player at some point this season.

DeSean Hales is also just an incredible athlete. I also see him in the Ramonce Taylor mold (athletically speaking, of course.)

The great thing is these are amazing kids, too. I don't know much about DeSean Hales, but I know a great deal about Acho and Fozzy and both are incredibly mature for their age. Very self-aware and very committed to the cause. I love that Mack is going after kids like this. Good things will happen to Texas football because of these players, from an athletic standpoint and a leadership standpoint.

29. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

I like the two young RBs Vondrell and Fozzy. I saw them both in HS and they are the real deal. If the OL stays healthy, unlike last year when we needed a MASH unit to keep people on the field, the running game should be strong.

I don't know about immediate impact, but Irby should have a monster career in this offense.

The two Browns in the secondary are also ones I hope really come through.