your an idoit.

Discussion in 'Classics' started by Oklahoma_Sooners, Jul 6, 2000.

1. he committed to oklahoma freakshow. Not that he lives in oklahoma, and I am the idoit.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  2. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

It lives!
    Oh, that reminds me:Its 01:03 PM, and OU still sucks

3. fisher

fisher < 25 Posts

Truly a classic! Thanks for brightening my day. What was the consensus on the "proper" pronounciation from the earlier post ...i doit (sounds like adroit)
    i do it (the Nike flair)
    i dwa (the French version)
    ???? am I missing other alternatives?

4. Austin Orange

Austin Orange 250+ Posts

"your an idoit"Shouldn't it be "you're an idiot."I think that is a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black.

5. Jim Anchower

Jim Anchower 100+ Posts

Austin Orange
    This is an, ahem...inside joke.

6. TxTechLaw

TxTechLaw First Time Poster

What's an idoit?

7. Doperbo

Doperbo 25+ Posts

Truly, let's not loose perspective Austin Orange. BTW- I never voted in Texanne's poll but I go for the "rhymes with Jon Voight" category myself.

8. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

fisher - I've always been partial to the adroit idoit.

9. fisher

fisher < 25 Posts

Doperbo -- that's the one in my normal vernacular. However, on those special occasions, the French version does seem to say it best.

10. 84 Horn

84 Horn 500+ Posts

ah, the memories

11. JPC1

JPC1 < 25 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but I think freakshow is an appropriate mascot for ou. So who is this looser idoit saying committed to them?

12. Horny Will

Horny Will < 25 Posts

Too bad that original post fell off the face of the earth. It was a gem.------------------
    "For me to poop on."
    - Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog.

13. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Especially since it's apparent some of our newer posters don't get the joke. It's just one of those memories you'd love to share with Longhorn fans everywhere.

14. Kuru

Kuru 25+ Posts

Can only imagine a few years from now when someone can post that and we'll still be able to laugh our asses off. I thought someone did copy the thread. Any have a confirmation or, better yet, a link?

15. Y2J Compliant

Y2J Compliant < 25 Posts

16. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

Y2J, that is more like version 1.1 since the original was lost and oklyhoma_sooners is an imposter.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Crimson&CreamDean

Crimson&CreamDean < 25 Posts

jeez, what a bunch of idoits and maroons. You doods ain't got it happenin.....The original was a k-state fan going to devrys institute posting on an OU board. Anything ya'll saw over here was a lame copy.

18. paul_tx

paul_tx Guest

I forget the original context of that post. Does anyone remember what recruit he was referring to and what the deal was?

19. SoonerWop

SoonerWop < 25 Posts

Bookman - Close, but no banana.My Texas/English dictionary reads thus:(Wes Sims) committed to (the) Oklahoma Freakshow. (Of course he did, because) he lives in Oklahoma, and not that I am the idoit (idiot}.Now it is real apparent to me that an OU fan would not be calling OU's offense the "Oklahoma Freakshow". I wonder who would? Maybe a Texan, you suppose?

• Like Like x 1
  20. 86Horn

86Horn 25+ Posts

Wop:I think he was trying to say:"He [Wes Sims] committed to Oklahoma, freakshow. He lives in Oklahoma. Now I am the idiot[asked rhetorically]?" Always a hysterical memory.------------------
    "There is no gravity; OU sucks"

• Like Like x 1
  21. HenryGandorf

HenryGandorf 250+ Posts

I'm pretty sure there was a mixed modifier in there somewhere.------------------
    All it takes is a little confidence...

22. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

He was referring to Wes Sims, whom OU landed last summer.The context of his statement, and to whom he was speaking, was never known.However, I consulted my Dumb-***/English--English/Dumb-**** dictionary, and concluded the following...(Wes Sims) committed to Oklahoma, you Freakshow. (Of course he did, because) he lives in Oklahoma, and not that I am the idiot.*this was taken from one of the witty posters on the original thread.Hook 'Em. OU only sucks on days that end in "Y".

• Like Like x 1
  23. LonghornGirlie

LonghornGirlie 500+ Posts

As this provides a decent historical perspective, as well as speculation on its meaning and relevance, I think its worthy of "Classic"-ification.
    [This message has been edited by LonghornGirlie (edited 07-25-2000).]

24. AlterEgo

AlterEgo First Time Poster

We're all idoits.

25. paul tx

paul tx < 25 Posts

just have to read this one every now and again

26. RichUT

RichUT 250+ Posts

When did we gain the ability to post replys on classic threads?

This post is the epitome of a classic.

27. MimeHorn

MimeHorn < 25 Posts

28. scally

scally 100+ Posts

exactly.

Me fail English?
    That's unpossible!
    -Ralph Wiggum

29. paul tx

paul tx < 25 Posts

did i mention this is my favorite classic post?

30. paul tx

paul tx < 25 Posts

no seriously, this is clearly the best