Yu's debut

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mesohorny, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

top 1st

Mariners score 4

42 pitches

better luck next start <yawn>

2. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

Man, this is ugly. Yu's thrown 70+ pitches in 3 innings and is already down 5-2. Rangers had a chance to have a big inning of their own in the 1st, but managed to get only 2 across.

I was looking forward to this start in hopes of helping me get over Game 6 (which I still haven't been able to do BTW). And, to make matters worse, CJ tosses a gem in his first start against the Twins. Oh well...still along way to go (tonight and this year).

3. Hook 'Em Danno

Bottom of two, Nellie Cruz goes deep with two men on. Score now tied at 5! [​IMG]

I'm feeling a bit better now. [​IMG]

4. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

that was good to see after Hamilton getting called out on that phantom tag.

I knew the Rangers would put up runs - and probaby win this game - but sure wanted to see a better 1st start from Yu.

5. Hook 'Em Danno

Now Moreland goes yard with one on in the bottom of 4, followed two outs later by a Josh Hamilton solo shot. 8-5 Rangers. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

The team had his back, they stepped up.

7. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Yu Cruzed. Did great after 1st. This guy has TREMENDOUS upside!

Hok'em!!! [​IMG]

8. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I was there. The crowd never gave up on him, and he did fine after the first.

Also don't believe the attendance figure. No more than 35k with several sections virtually empty (even in the GA sections).

9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

10. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Only Rangers game I will make this year and I was there last night with my father in law to catch Yu's debut. 42000 in attendance for an early season Monday night game, and I have to say I have never seen that with the Rangers. The stadium looked pretty full to me so yes that figure may be inflated but it was a very big crowd. Plus, the crowd was really electric and into the game throughout another thing I cant remember seeing for an early season weekday game.

Darvish looked way too amped early and was wild with the zone. The Mariners missed a great opportunity to blow the gamne open in the first with the bases loaded and 1 out and 4 runs already in. As noted above you can see the huge upside for this kid and he is not Chan Ho Park part two that is for sure. He has a couple of pitches that he can call on and if he isnt so amped next time out look for him to really settle in. He isnt an ace but he is a strong starter who will play a huge role.

Meanwhile this Rangers lineup is just scary good at the plate. You never feel like they are out of a game. Looking forward to a great race with the Angels and hopefully another interesting October. [​IMG]