Zorba's

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by texasboy34, Jan 30, 2004.

1. texasboy34

texasboy34 25+ Posts

Any of you Greek food lovers eaten here? Its in Round Rock next to the Super Wal Mart right by Dell. I think the place rocks. I have eaten at a few different Greek places in ATX over the years, and its better than any of them, and that includes Teds Greek corner, and that place next to Trudy's on Burnet. Any other Austin area Greek food places out there worth trying?

2. Is it Zorba's or Dancing Zorbas? Ask for Tula or Gus.

I saw a sign at Milto's that they serve Greek food but I would assume Z's is much better. I could be wrong though. I too like Greek food so I look forward to responses of other places.

3. Gardner Barnes

Gardner Barnes 250+ Posts

texasboy:

I have tried that place next to Trudy's and it is ok, but not great. Thanks for the reco on Zorba's. I love Greek (mediterrianian) food and am looking forward to giving it a try. It is not specifically Greek, but Pyramids cafe (i think that ius what it is called), is not bad. It is on the SE side of 290 and IH 35.

Also try Marakesh on Congress. Middle Eastern, but pretty good as well.

In Dallas, there is a great Greek place called Ziziki's. Give it a try if you are up there. If you are in Atlanta, you MUST try Kyma. It is the creme de'la creme of Greek food, IMHO. That being said, I will defer to scally, since he truly is Greek.

4. texasboy34

texasboy34 25+ Posts

Just wanted to let you guys know that the owners of Zorba's opened up a new restaurant off of 183 & Anderson Mill. It's called Tony's. The food was basically the same so thats good that they are consistant. Go check it out if you can.[​IMG]

5. gunnerhorn

gunnerhorn 100+ Posts

there's a texan article about zorba's today.