2019 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Where did this announce come from? You must have a secret source, which is great but I can’t confirm anything on social media or google!

2. Oakman

Oakman Guest

• Like Like x 9
  3. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Tweet with a YouTube link to video of Ashlee Hannan:

• Like Like x 7
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Welcome Ashlee!. I guess that was the "BOOM" Coach A tweeted yesterday; perhaps she is currently on her official visit.

Wonder if Aussie guard, Jazmin Shelley is also in the picture for us.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Thanks guys! This is fantastic news! These Australian kids are tough as nails!
    I don't understand how our Coaches can keep information like this under wraps so well!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  6. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

That's interesting. She looks pretty athletic, but doesn't appear to be a great shooter. Still, guarding her and Sedona at the same time is going to be a challenge for our opponents.

• Like Like x 4
  7. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

There was a mention much earlier in this recruiting thread about a potential player from Australia, was it Ashlee? The first I heard of this confirmation was from the WBB instagram account:

@ash.hannan, who the heck is that?
    So in theory, Fall of 2019 we'll have:
    6'7" - Sedona
    6'5" - Charli
    6'4" - Ash
    6'3" - Joyner
    As a buildup to finally topple Baylor?
    I wonder if Ash's decision is independent of the other players we hope my pick us? None of them are posts, so.....

• Like Like x 5
  8. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Welcome, Ashlee! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Looking at some of the highlights you can see that she moves very well for her size and she plays with a high motor.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  10. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Limited clip, but she uses the backboard well on her layups, looks to be a good rebounder. Listed as a F but doesn't play away from the basket. Surprised we didn't see her taking a 3.

Welcome, Ashlee! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
  11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

They are awfully good at this! :bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Is Ashlee the first player from Australia to play for UT? I couldn't find any info that broke down where players were from but I don't remember another player from down under on the roster.

14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

0 for Australia. I posted this recently:
    Texas WBB By State/Country

• Like Like x 3
  15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thanks, DFW_Horn. I knew I had seen it somewheres.

16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

That was my observation as well... Most noteably is the way she instinctively moves so well without the ball.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Glad to see Coach A extending her recruiting reach internationally; it was one area which she hadn't really leveraged (other than GiGi), and other programs are going that route more and more.

The only other post player we had targeted was Ashton Prechtel of Colorado; so, I do think this was a need position (with Rellah's unexpected departure and Jatarie's upcoming graduation), especially if she can play both Center and Power Forward. While she might not be a stretch four, having great height, the ability to rebound, and willingness to run the floor are skills we can use.

Hopefully, this new addition helps us develop a recruiting pipeline with other Aussie players.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

I thought the same thing. The intensity on her face reminds me a little of Aussie player Lauren Jackson, in this photo. Agree with Ellis21d about Aussie producing “tough as nails” players. We’ve witnessed that firsthand with the player from Baylor — sorry can’t think of her name, but I think she just graduated, had an injury that kept her out of the NCAAs.

Between our 2019 Long Island and Aussie players I’m looking forward to MAJOR GRIT AND TOUGHNESS on the court, and how that translates to the team as a whole. Woohoo! HookEm!

• Like Like x 6
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I guess not . . .

20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Safe to say Karen won over Celeste’s parents?

• Like Like x 7
  21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

It's a start, Moooooo. I don't think Shelley was going anywhere except the PAC 12.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Well I guess we are down to: Unless the Coaches have some other hidden Gem up there sleeves.
    Endyia Rogers
    Zia Cooke
    Rickea Jackson

I saw that SkinsHoops86 on twitter gave his crystal ball prediction for Endyia to Texas
    Wish we could get his and maybe Oakman's thoughts on Rikea and Zia?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I would be happy to add Endiya and Rickea to our two current commits and call it a day. :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

26. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Looks like SC could have the inside track but one never knows. SC can't offer anything that Texas can't except more fan support. But I would hope that we are headed that way. It would be sweet to have her come to play at Texas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Two interesting tweets from Raoul

then

• Agree Agree x 4
  28. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Coach A addressed this in her press availability the other day. High praise for CDC and what he's done to generate interest among students for the football team. She's hoping for the same thing at Erwin Center. Watching the games, it's disappointing to see the empty seats.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  29. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Can't wait to see what CDC has in store to up student attendance in basketball games. He's done a bang up job for FB.

• Like Like x 1
  30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Celeste and her high school team practicing.

And two other pics of her, just because she looks so good in Burnt Orange. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 3