2023 Soccer Season

I'm willing to be wrong about their absence. I hope I am not, for obvious reasons. I thought it was a really good opportunity for the young'uns to play extensively.

That was a season opener.

Fell behind in less than a minute. Then nothing the rest of the first half. We trade goals but down by 3-2 with about 7 minutes left. We get one goal then to tie at 3-3. Then with less than 30 seconds left we score after a brilliant set piece to win 4-3.

Messy. But what a win on the road!

That was a season opener.

Fell behind in less than a minute. Then nothing the rest of the first half. We trade goals but down by 3-2 with about 7 minutes left. We get one goal then to tie at 3-3. Then with less than 30 seconds left we score after a brilliant set piece to win 4-3.

Messy. But what a win on the road!
What a game, what a game, what a comeback! Very frustrating until the last 7 minutes! I was sure it was going to be a loss and a terrible start to the season even though I thought we out played them! I have to go to a few games this year! May be a great year?

the thing that i noticed in the long beach state game was the backline was a bit weak especially on the right side. they looked a lot better against rice and will be interesting to see if that will be the lineup against LSU.

And though nobody has mentioned it yet, Byars had a hat trick against Rice with quite a bit of time still remaining in the first half.
EDIT: She had the hat trick less than 22 minutes into the game.

this defense is a disaster. looks like they aren't communicating well to one another. the PK was a weak call but god justus is being hung out to dry.
The loss of Cox was HUGE. We lose experience, leadership,and most importantly a great athlete. The team is getting exposed in the middle with speed. Besides lapo, the whole back line is suspect as it gets. With Cox, this is a top 10 team. Without her I'm praying we can win the big 12 lol. But it's still hook em though.

I didn't understand why Byers, and Missimo were standing in front of the penalty kicker at the end of the game, and not back guarding the goal. Was that a coaches decision? I would think that if the game was on the line, which it was, that you would want all of your players in front of the goal so you could match up with all of their players.

Team is in a slump. There is no reason why the game against WV ended in a tie. So many chances to score.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back