2024 Softball Season

:bevo::hookem::hookem:
I was looking over the class of 2024 and 2025 and decided to input the future roster spots for the next two classes. Of course, this doesn't include transfers in/out of the program. Tell me where I got anything wrong:
gG4bfzO.png
Is Mac Morgan not coming back? She’s listed as a Junior.

I had to read this twice to understand what was going on. So the Tech head coach is stepping down to take the assistant job at Tennessee!

It's becoming a trend for HC who are tired of the grind associated with being HC to step down to an assistant. Chip Kelly of UCLA stepped down to become an assistant coach at OSU. I personally spoke to a former D1 HC who stepped down to be an assistant and they told me that during games, they would be thinking about everything BUT the sport they were in charge of and that just wasn't what they wanted in the job.

But yeah, the Tech AD has been a disaster in terms of coaching retention.

The future looks amazing! Next year has got to be our year!!

I had to look that over a few times. If Reese is ranked as the number 1 catcher, then it has to be totally based on her value as an offensive player, when a catcher's value is also supposed to include their defensive values (put outs). I guess "chicks and dudes" dig the long ball is true after all.

I had to read this twice to understand what was going on. So the Tech head coach is stepping down to take the assistant job at Tennessee!

I guess it goes hand in hand! Lose your Coach, you lose your best player!!
This would not be a bad pick up. She was the best player they had against the Longhorns!

LHN is showing "the best of LHN", basically various games over the years. I happened to stumble across a 2019 softball game where Shea O'Leary was pitching. They were talking about how she had the nation's second best ERA and she ended up that year with a 0.65 ERA and a 14-3 record. Man, we thought we were set for the next few years!

And Cat was Texas State's pitching coach and getting interviewed in the dugout.

Time flies!

I guess she saw herself stuck behind the second baseman coming back from injury next year?

Interesting at one of their rarely used pitcher is in the transfer portal too is SJ Geurin.
She was on the same Bombers travel ball team and played along side with Citaly Gutierrez.

Interesting at one of their rarely used pitcher is in the transfer portal too is SJ Geurin.
She was on the same Bombers travel ball team and played along side with Citaly Gutierrez.
In their comments on twitter to these 3 transfers, their fans say essentially, "Good luck ladies. But YAY, now we have 2+3 slots for incoming transfers!"

They've lived well off of transfers and are at the top of the heap and confident they can just point their finger at someone and get them. I guess it's true if you win 4 straight.

To lower my jealous outrage, I think to our volleyball team and we're in the same position.

In their comments on twitter to these 3 transfers, their fans say essentially, "Good luck ladies. But YAY, now we have 2+3 slots for incoming transfers!"

They've lived well off of transfers and are at the top of the heap and confident they can just point their finger at someone and get them. I guess it's true if you win 4 straight.
Don't know whether or not it is accurate, but I read somewhere that ou pours a s**t-ton of NIL into their softball team.

I read that too
Apparently the UT Softball program did well the first NIL year. So do we know how well it's going?
https://www.statesman.com/story/spo...enerated-2-million-first-year-nil/7637342001/

Here is a quote "
Football athletes were the biggest beneficiaries with 94 NIL deals being reported to the school for a total of $879,447 from Aug. 1 to April 30. The biggest deal signed by any one UT football player was worth $60,000. Three other arrangements were worth $50,000 each.

But softball ($295,790) and women’s swimming athletes ($259,402) also did well. Men’s swimming athletes generated $245,100 in NIL deals, according to information obtained by the American-Statesman through requests made under the Texas Public Information Act."

the second pitcher Kenny G has picked up this last week. Must be racing to beat the OU transfer vacuum machine.

Literally everyone will want her and will send big resources. The reality is that she is probably Sooner bound. But, she has played in Austin several times and even if she’s a little bitter about losing to us, maybe that was some time to create a good relationship?

Isn't it time for us to win the services of one of these highly sought after transfers?
Just saying :bevo:

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back