2024 Softball Season

Discussion in 'Softball' started by Ellis21d, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

LMU Looks like this may be a trap game for us! We don’t have the crispness we’ve had so far this weekend! We better pick it up!

2. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

The only thing getting trapped are a bunch of female lions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Why is the Simpson's first pitch in the dirt? All opposing hitters should just close their eyes and keep their bats on their shoulders on the first pitch.

4. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

5-0 weekend, impressive. Nice to see so many bombs hit early on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Their bats finally came to life but they still didn’t look too sharp! The field at LMU stadium was not very well kept! The dust was awful! No excuse for that if the grounds crew just sprays it down before the game!
    We had 8 strikeouts against pretty weak pitching. We were really having problems with the change up thrown by LMU & the UCLA pitcher in our 3-2 Win! But all being said run ruling wins in 4 of 5 games over the weekend is not bad!!
    Was very surprised we did not see Mac Morgan again after her no hitter! One thing about Mike White is you can never out guess him on who is going to start at any position.
    Wow did Victoria Hunter and Kayden Henry look good at the plate!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
  6. zztx1

zztx1 100+ Posts

LMU is traditionally a strong softball program but their facilities are really bad. It is not too far off from playing on a rec field for pre high school softball. White was trying to see how much he can rely on Kavan, who was a star on a select team from Iowa. I am so excited for the team to start playing at home. Stanford is coming!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Moving on up. At least in the Softball America poll. Now to hold on to that spot!!
    Note: UCLA dropped off the table!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

D1Softball likes us at #2 as well!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Sure a big difference for okie lite, and I have a hard time they're top 5 without Maxwell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

OU & Texas Softball: the REAL reason the secsecsec wanted us.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

I actually think Kilfoyle is better than Maxwell, but the offense still looks to be an issue to be a top 5 team.

12. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I certainly try to do my part!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I love that Ashton Maloney is shown in the feature picture for this article! She is one of the most underrated players on the team hitting at the 9 spot!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

The Big12 is loving these rankings. At least for one more year.

16. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I also don’t understand the want to keep putting Whitaker in when you have players like Cimusz and Brown in the dugout. Hate to say it but Whitaker just doesn’t have it anymore. It’s time to get the younger players some at bats. I would like to see Brown and Hunter get those at bats rather than Whitaker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. zztx1

zztx1 100+ Posts

Whitaker must be crushing it in practice and he puts her in when the matchup is favorable for her swing. I hope he is using analytics for substitute matchups. If you are bad against the riseball, that player should not go in when the pitcher has an effective riseball working.

18. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Since Ryan Brown’s name was brought up, she did not get even one at bat in our west coast swing! Very surprising. When I went to the open practice she was knocking the cover off the ball. I thought maybe a disciplinary issue or something?? Hope to see if she gets an opportunity in the Clearwater event?? If not definitely an issue!
    One thing about Mike White is that he is committed to his seniors. He’s giving Whittaker every chance he can.

19. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Spring Sports Media guide for Softball….all the seniors less Joley Mitchell who was a grad transfer this year!
    IMG_3017.jpeg

20. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Interesting that Tennessee and Stanford are going with their aces in this matchup. Well Stanford had no choice but to bring Canady in. Going to be interesting to see who Stanford and Tennessee bring in for their matchup against Texas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Was interesting watching OSU lose the lead and then the game via their pitcher and fielding errors. I was thinking, "They make these mental errors just like when we shocked them in the WCWS". Then I remember, we have bad fielding errors too!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I wish I could have gone to Clearwater. What a great trip to watch them.
    Now weather is changing schedules.
    But LOVE LHN
    Sounds like a good Horn crowd
    Thanks to all who went:hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  23. GoHorns22

GoHorns22 25+ Posts

I thought the umpires would eventually give them the game, but Guttierrez did not let that happen. I'm wondering who will start against Stanford. I guess we will find out soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

What the heck has happened to Mac Morgan?? Threw the first game no hitter then she’s a ghost? I just knew she would start one of the first 2 games in Clearwater. Hope she is ok?
    Maybe she’s not our ace anymore?

25. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Wow that was a long shot from Stewart!!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Wow Texas Softball!!

• Like Like x 2
  27. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

It's been a while since I've seen 4 HR in one game. Wow!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Haha! Suck it tree.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

What an impressive day of softball. Face one good pitcher and then all of stanfords scrubs. Like that we can win both types of games. Guiterez looked good keeping the ball down and hitting her spots. Kavan has the swing and miss stuff we have been missing. Lots of depth on this team, so many line up options.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Didn't see any in the two games yesterday. Just one infield bobble at 3rd base.