2024 Softball Season

LMU Looks like this may be a trap game for us! We don’t have the crispness we’ve had so far this weekend! We better pick it up!

Why is the Simpson's first pitch in the dirt? All opposing hitters should just close their eyes and keep their bats on their shoulders on the first pitch.

The only thing getting trapped are a bunch of female lions.
Their bats finally came to life but they still didn’t look too sharp! The field at LMU stadium was not very well kept! The dust was awful! No excuse for that if the grounds crew just sprays it down before the game!
We had 8 strikeouts against pretty weak pitching. We were really having problems with the change up thrown by LMU & the UCLA pitcher in our 3-2 Win! But all being said run ruling wins in 4 of 5 games over the weekend is not bad!!
Was very surprised we did not see Mac Morgan again after her no hitter! One thing about Mike White is you can never out guess him on who is going to start at any position.
Wow did Victoria Hunter and Kayden Henry look good at the plate!

Last edited:
LMU is traditionally a strong softball program but their facilities are really bad. It is not too far off from playing on a rec field for pre high school softball. White was trying to see how much he can rely on Kavan, who was a star on a select team from Iowa. I am so excited for the team to start playing at home. Stanford is coming!!

Moving on up. At least in the Softball America poll. Now to hold on to that spot!!
Note: UCLA dropped off the table!

I do not understand Coach White’s infatuation with Whitaker! Right on Q she doesn’t swing at 2 strikes right down the pipe and then swings at a ball outside the zone to strikeout! Some things never change. And Quiroga blistered a ball against SD!!
I think Simpson will start against SD and Mac against UCLA. Gutierrez starts against LMU on Sunday.
Why no radio broadcast for the games today?? The games on Friday were both broadcast so the announcer is in town?? Errrrr! That’s ridiculous!
I also don’t understand the want to keep putting Whitaker in when you have players like Cimusz and Brown in the dugout. Hate to say it but Whitaker just doesn’t have it anymore. It’s time to get the younger players some at bats. I would like to see Brown and Hunter get those at bats rather than Whitaker.

Whitaker must be crushing it in practice and he puts her in when the matchup is favorable for her swing. I hope he is using analytics for substitute matchups. If you are bad against the riseball, that player should not go in when the pitcher has an effective riseball working.

Since Ryan Brown’s name was brought up, she did not get even one at bat in our west coast swing! Very surprising. When I went to the open practice she was knocking the cover off the ball. I thought maybe a disciplinary issue or something?? Hope to see if she gets an opportunity in the Clearwater event?? If not definitely an issue!
One thing about Mike White is that he is committed to his seniors. He’s giving Whittaker every chance he can.

Spring Sports Media guide for Softball….all the seniors less Joley Mitchell who was a grad transfer this year!
IMG_3017.jpeg

Interesting that Tennessee and Stanford are going with their aces in this matchup. Well Stanford had no choice but to bring Canady in. Going to be interesting to see who Stanford and Tennessee bring in for their matchup against Texas.

Was interesting watching OSU lose the lead and then the game via their pitcher and fielding errors. I was thinking, "They make these mental errors just like when we shocked them in the WCWS". Then I remember, we have bad fielding errors too!

I wish I could have gone to Clearwater. What a great trip to watch them.
Now weather is changing schedules.
But LOVE LHN
Sounds like a good Horn crowd
Thanks to all who went:hookem:

I thought the umpires would eventually give them the game, but Guttierrez did not let that happen. I'm wondering who will start against Stanford. I guess we will find out soon.

What the heck has happened to Mac Morgan?? Threw the first game no hitter then she’s a ghost? I just knew she would start one of the first 2 games in Clearwater. Hope she is ok?
Maybe she’s not our ace anymore?

What an impressive day of softball. Face one good pitcher and then all of stanfords scrubs. Like that we can win both types of games. Guiterez looked good keeping the ball down and hitting her spots. Kavan has the swing and miss stuff we have been missing. Lots of depth on this team, so many line up options.

Was interesting watching OSU lose the lead and then the game via their pitcher and fielding errors. I was thinking, "They make these mental errors just like when we shocked them in the WCWS". Then I remember, we have bad fielding errors too!
Didn't see any in the two games yesterday. Just one infield bobble at 3rd base.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back