2026 Recruiting - Softball

Ellis21d

JediHorn
Hard to believe we are already looking at 2026 recruiting.
Grace Halata is ranked No. 55 in the nation by Extra Innings softball and is on the Impact gold 14U top ten ranked team. She just attended the UT camp which she seemed to really enjoy.

Isabella Maria is a highly ranked 2026, catcher/first base, player that came all the way from New Jersey to participate in the UT elite camp.

She evidently likes Texas.

Anabela Abdullah is another closely watched 2026. She follows Coach White and Singleton and they follow her back. You can see in the post below she is copying our coaches. She plays shortstop. They seem to love the shortstop position.

Coach Singleton is out there working on future recruiting classes! Texas will probably lose this guy to a head coaching job at another P5 school very soon! Love his passion.

I believe Mia Clemmer is a top priority in the 2026 class! I like her talking about the football team!

Stevie South is another High Priority for the 2026 class. Glad to see she made the camp!

Last edited:
Any ideas or thoughts on who Coach White is chasing as his pitcher in the 2026 class? EIS pitcher rankings for the 2026 recruiting class. #1 is EK Smith from Katy? Don’t find she’s ever been to a Texas camp. She does have a picture with an LSU coach in her X account but no other clues!
IMG_2954.jpegIMG_2956.jpegIMG_2955.jpeg

Mia Clemmer with Hannah Wells also at the elite camp!!! Pretty sure Mia is a silent commit but you never know?

Sept 1 will be getting here very soon and that’s when NCAA softball teams can start contacting and offering scholarships to the players in the class of 2026. I have been looking at whom Texas may be interested in.
Our 2024 team was made up of 21 players. We lost 4 seniors and Randy Brown leaving us with 16. We will have 2 recruits and 1 transfer portal coming in to make the team a total of 19 for 2025.
After the close of the 2025 season we will lose 6 seniors with 7 coming in from the 2025 recruiting class. So going into the 2026 season, per the current numbers we would have 20 on the roster and will lose 4 seniors leaving 16. Plenty of room for a fairly big recruiting class? Racer may have to confirm my numbers on his spreadsheet.

The 2026 class looks to be exceptionally strong with pitchers.
E. K. Smith – Pitcher: Katy HS, Katy, Texas. Travel club Impact Gold Jazz. Currently ranked number 1 Pitcher in her class by Extra Innings Softball. She has been to a couple of the Texas camps but she has also attended Aggie, LSU, and several other camps always saying “Great camp”. No indication on where she is leaning.

Madelyn (Madi) Doty – Pitcher/utility: Grandview HS, Grandview Texas. Travel club Texas Glory-Naudin. Ranked #3 in the nation. Pitcher/utility is a unique list from Pitchers meaning they also can hit at a high level or play other positions. She has all kinds of accolades, including USA U15 Women’s National Team 2x Gold Medalist. Last camp she went to was in Jan 2024 and it was the Texas camp with several of her Glory teammates. She said “Great Camp”! No indication of where she is leaning.

A couple of other pitchers that may be of interest are:
Caroline Stanton – Pitcher/Utility Buford, Georgia. Travel club Texas Bombers Gold smith. Ranked #1 by EIS. Has been to a Texas camp
Camryn Winiarski – Pitcher Manchester High, Virginia. Travel Unity 16U Johnson. Ranked #6 EIS. Was at the Texas camp in Colorado this June.

These are the pitchers I have seen that seem to show an interest in Texas and the Texas coaches follow them on X. Smith or Doty would both be home run recruits to fill the pitching spot in the 2026 class and it would be unbelievable to get both. My choice would be Doty.
Other players of specific interest, non-pitchers, and closely followed by the Texas staff.

Stevie South – C/OF: Magnolia HS, Magnolia Texas. Travel club. Travel club Hotshots National 18U Nelson. Ranked #14 overall by EIS. USA U15 USA team, WBSC U15 World cup Champion X3. PGF All American A Strong Texas lean!

Mia Clemmer – C/If: Coahoma HS, Coahoma Texas. Travel Club Oklahoma Athletics with Hannah Well as her bff on the HS and travel team. A big bat and a strong Texas lean.

Alexi Thigpen – O/F: North Liberty, Iowa. Travel Club Iowa Premier fastpitch (same as Kavan and MaTaia Lawson). Ranked #45 overall by EIS. A speed demon and was at a Texas camp in August 2023 and has camped at all the major schools. The type of player Texas loves. A slapper with big time speed. Everyone will be recruiting her. Hope Kavan and Lawson can help with this athlete.

It seems Mike White’s staff recruit a surprise or 2 every year but these are players I think have a strong chance of being signed by Texas. I know there are those of you that have much more insight than me about who will be in our 2026 class and look forward to hearing your comments.

Any ideas or thoughts on who Coach White is chasing as his pitcher in the 2026 class? EIS pitcher rankings for the 2026 recruiting class. #1 is EK Smith from Katy? Don’t find she’s ever been to a Texas camp. She does have a picture with an LSU coach in her X account but no other clues!
View attachment 9265View attachment 9266View attachment 9267
I believe Hannah Wells committed to UT for next year? https://www.mrt.com/sports/highscho...mvp-hannah-wells-coahoma-perfect-19568376.php

:hookem:

So does 2026 Commits mean players committed for 2026/2027? :hookem:
Cambria Salmon graduates HS in 2024.
Hannah Wells graduates HS in 2025. We have 7 commitments currently in that class.
Schools can officially start offering scholarships and officials visits to the 2026 graduates on Sept 1, 2024. The graduating class of 2026 will then be able to take official visits and make commitments to the schools that they get an offer from.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back