Flashback question for FWHORN

Discussion in 'Horn Network' started by Godz40acres, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

@FWHORN - I tried to start a "Conversation" with you, but the site said it wasn't allowed. Anyway, I recently ran across an old file that sparked a memory and wanted to see if you are a part of that memory....

Years ago, late '90's - early 2000's, before coming to this board, I was a regular on another (now defunct) Longhorn board with a member by the name of FWhorn. Was that you?

If so, do you remember the name of the site? There were guys there like RunRickyRun, Hornicopia, A_L (a pastor). At that time I think I went by BloodOrange. It was a good site with a lot of arguing over Applewhite v Simms. ;)

Anyway, just curious if you were there. Thanks.

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

When longhorn message boards really got going in the late 90's I was on a bunch including the original Horn Fans that Katy, Bob Wheeler and crew started up and then I was also on Wheeler's site after the split (the name of which escapes me) along with a few others that seemed to come and go. I usually was some combination of FWHORN or FWhorn (since I lived in Fort Worth). I remember many of the names you listed and yes the Applewhite-Simms debate was huge as was the "sunshine pumpers" argument about Mack prior to 2005.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  3. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Okay, thanks. I wish I could remember the name of the site I was asking about because if I don't, the oceans will rise, worlds will collide, and the universe will implode. It's that important.

4. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Longhorn Fan Zone?

5. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Yeah, I think that was it. Were you there? I remember there was a small group of NASCAR freaks and, judging by your "Driver 8" name....

6. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

7. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Okay, my bad. But, how'd you know the site name?

8. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

I remember some of the old days, never was a member of LFZ though

9. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

LFZ was it. There was another site that would gather all the articles on the web about longhorn sports and provide links, the author ended up killing the site over the Applewhite-Simms debate, I still remember the day the headline on that site announced the formation of HornFans. Back then I got True Orange in the mail every week too. Man that seems like a lifetime ago.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  10. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Thanks, D8. You have great recall!

But a terrible toupee... [​IMG]
    :)

Wow, cool memory.

Thanks to both of you for helping me out.

• Like Like x 2
  11. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

What does any of this have to do with what I had for lunch yesterday?

• Like Like x 1