PC Anywhere and other similar programs

Discussion in 'PCL' started by Hogs Smell Good, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Hogs Smell Good

Hogs Smell Good 25+ Posts

I'm wanting to be able to work at night without having to go back down to the office. Does anyone work remote from the home computer at night to access files, etc?

I understand PC Anywhere is the best software for this, but that there are other cheaper, more efficient ways to access the office computer from home.

Thanks for any help.

2. BA93

BA93 1,000+ Posts

There is a free product from AT&T Labs called VNC. I've used it before but the performance isn't as good as pcAnywhere.

Microsoft has a product called Terminal Server/Client that provides the same functionality. I have only used it a couple of times and it works well. I don't know if there is a cost, but its probably included with one of their operating systems.

If you are only trying to access files that can be worked on your home PC like a Word document, see if your company has a VPN connection. Then your home PC connects over the internet or phone line and its like you are on another PC at work.

I have found that pcAnywhere is the best product that I've used. Many companies use it to connect to servers that are housed off-site.

3. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

If the pc is connected to the interner.You can use LogMeIn.com

4. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

what cnb said

5. Hogs Smell Good

Hogs Smell Good 25+ Posts

Thanks. Damn, that took a long time to get an answer. [​IMG] I've had gotomypc.com for a year and a half now.

6. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts