Recipe for Blue Cheese Jalapeno Burgers?

LonghornDan

25+ Posts
I'm not having any luck finding that recipe anywhere - does anyone have it that can send it to me? I'm pretty sure it was posted originally by ctrl+alt+del, but I can't find it by searching.

1. Get yourself 3 large jalapenos. Slice in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes. If you need some kick, leave the seeds of one jalapeno.

1.jpg

2. Dice them up an throw them into a mixing bowl.

3. Purchase 1lb of ground beef. I like the fattier variety because it tastes better - say 73% Lean, 27% Fat.

2.jpg

4. Place into mixing bowl with jalapenos.

3.jpg

5. Purchase a 4 oz. package of crumble blue cheese.

4.jpg

6. Pour blue cheese into mixing bowl.

5.jpg

7. Knead together well and form into a ball.

6.jpg

8. Get the following ingredients: Onion powder, garlic powder, soy sauce (or tamari for better flavor), and salt (kosher salt for better flavor).

7.jpg

9. To the mixing bowl, add 1 Tablespoon of Onion Powder, 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder, 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce, and 1 teaspoon of salt (or 1 Tablespoon if you like it saltier).

10. Knead together well and form into a log.

8.jpg

11. Form into 2 patties (3 patties if you are dealing with smaller appetites).

9.jpg

12. Light your grill with a good WOODEN charcoal. The flavor is MUCH better than traditional charcoal briquettes.

10.jpg

13. I have found that the easiest way to light a charcoal grill is to use a "starter cylinder." You can pick one up at any Academy or Oshman's. Just get a 2-page piece of newspaper, crumple it up, and spray it down with olive oil to retard the flame. Stick it in the bottom and fill the top with charcoal.

11.jpg

14. Light that bad boy through each hole.

12.jpg

13.jpg

15. After about 20 minutes, you should have flames coming out the top of the cylinder. Pour the coals out in the grill and heat up your grate well so it will get clean. You'll probably want to scrape it once t gets good and heated up.

16. Oh yeah, get a Rum and Coke

14.jpg

17. Cook the burgers to your liking. I like mine medium.

15.jpg

18. Throw 2 slices of Swiss cheese on each burger and close the lid (I had no lid, so I used a super-special lid made just for melting cheese on burgers).

16.jpg

19. Get that cheese good and melted.

17.jpg

20. Adorn with your condiments of choice and enjoy.

18.jpg

Hook 'em!

By leaving the meat in the bowl and scoring the top of the meat with your hand, it's easy to gauge portions. Overworking the meat only makes it tough.

Try the same basic concept with your breakfast sausage and you can whip up one helluva sausage, egg & cheese biscuit.

Ok, so I was in Randalls tonight and the guy in front of me had ground beef, blue cheese, jalapenos, and tamari soy. I almost said something. Who was it?

Was it the Randall's at William Cannon and Mopac by chance?

I made these tonight and they were damn good. very juicy and the jalapenos added great texture.

great recipe. thanks

BTW, it is a myth that seeds cause spiceyness in peppers. capsaicin, the stuff that generates spiceyness is found in the membranes of peppers, not seeds.

The Link

we made some yesterday. 8 of us ate them. every single person raved about them. awesome freaking burger!!!!!!

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Back