Recruits visiting 12/11/15?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by HornSwoggler, Dec 11, 2015.

1. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Anyone have a list of who is coming in for visits this weekend?

Buechele and Reese for sure. Others?

Thanks.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

* QB Shane Buechele, Arlington Lamar HS (TX) Texas Commit

• WR Collin Johnson, Valley Christian HS (CA) Texas Commit

• ATH Demarco Boyd, Gilmer HS (TX) Texas Commit

• TE Peyton Aucoin, Brother Martin HS (LA) Texas Commit

• TE Irvin Smith, Brother Martin HS (LA) Texas A&M Commit

• DT D’Andre Christmas-Giles, St. Augustine (LA) Tennessee Commit

• CB Eric Cuffee, Waco HS (TX)

• S Devin Studstill, Palm Beach Gardens HS (FL)

• LB David Reese, Farmington HS (MI)

Pettigrew and Fulton dropped

3. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Thanks Joe. Sure would like to see Cuffee commit. Then add another DB or two and will be good in the D backfield.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There are mixed opinions out here on Cuffee
    But we seem to be in good shape with him

5. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

2 D1 tight ends in the same year from the same high school has to be incredibly rare. .. .

6. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The EE's? Who is the one with the little guy? I recognize the others (QB, TE, WR).

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It is. But they are not exactly the same, as Aucoin is more of an extended tackle type while Smith the receiver.

10. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Demarco Boyd

• Like Like x 1
  11. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Recruiting gurus: can this be a top 10 or 20 class or are the press clippings correct?

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Top 20 for sure if the expected commitments and switches come through.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

DeMarco Boyd's nickname for Collin Johnson is Cinnamon Stick

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

D’Andre Christmas Giles did make it
    But that LSU offer looms large

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Higs say UF is fav with Reese due to Randy Shannon but that Strong's in home was a big hit. Reese is supposed to announce next week. If he does, it favors UF. But, if he pushes it back, it helps us. Ths sit down and talk that happens today will be key

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

19. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Peyton Aucoin comments:
    "The whole weekend was great. Hanging with Shane, Demarco, and Collin was a blast. Coming into the program already knowing people is a necessity and hanging with them definitely helped."

"We didn't even talk much about the program. They're focus was that we had a good time and they reminded us this trip was all about us. Coach dos mention how the future of the program is very bright though.

"Getting the news about coach Gilbert was great. Meeting coach mattox and him was great. They're both cool dudes and they're young so they're easy to relate to. We talked a lot about where we were from then talked a whole lot of football."​
    [Per another poster]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  20. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

From Collin Johnson

"Just bonded with my future teammates, I had an amazing time overall, I also got to meet and talk to coach Gilbert a little bit and can't wait for this new offense and it's crazy because next time ima be in Austin I will be moving in not just visiting , which is crazy."

On Sterlin Gilbert: "He's a great guy I can't wait to get to know him better."

[Per a poster on another site]

Demarco Boyd

"It was good," he said. "I loved it."

Boyd has long been one of the biggest supporters and recruiters for the Longhorns, and that continued over the weekend with several major Texas targets in town.

The player Boyd said he was trying to talk up the most was Tennessee defensive tackle commitment D'Andre Christmas-Giles, who the Longhorns offered several weeks ago and who has since become one of the hottest recruits in the country.

[Per Horns247]

21. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

According to 24/7, CB Eric Cuffee of Waco High has A&M and UT as his two leaders currently after his official visit to Austin. He mentioned he may move his commitment back to National Signing Day. Quotes from CB Eric Cuffee after his official visit to UT (24/7):

“Overall, Texas and Texas A&M are the schools in the lead,” Cuffee said. “Austin is a great city, and UT has a great atmosphere. The business school is also an upside. A&M is more laid back, and they are in the SEC. Who wouldn’t want to play in the SEC?”

“I talked to Coach Strong a lot,” Cuffee said. “When he came to my house, we talked about pushing the decision back. He also talked to my dad and my stepmom. My mom and my two sisters came for the official, and he talked to us about the program and things like that. It was great.”

Malik (Jefferson) was actually my host, and he was real with me,” Cuffee said. “He talked to me about the positives and negatives of not only Texas but other schools. He was real, and I appreciated that. I had a great time hanging out with him, DeShon (Elliott) and Holton (Hill).”

Inside Texas saying CB Eric Cuffee plans on returning to Austin on January 16th once the dead period ends. That will be UT's next big recruiting weekend.

"Who wouldn’t want to play in the SEC?”

I can answer that for you, Mr. Cuffee. ;)

------------

Update on TE Irvin Smith of New Orleans, LA after leaving Austin (24/7):

“The visit went really good,” Smith said. “I got a chance to meet all the coaches. My conversations with them went really well. It was just a good time. The players were all cool, too. Tyrone Swoopes answered a lot of my questions. It was great.”

Coach Strong just told me that they don’t have a guy like me and that they could really use me,” Smith said. “Coach Traylor said I could have a big impact and be a part of something great at UT. Coach Gilbert talked to me about the offense and joked around. It was great.”

“I guess it changed things a little bit,” Smith said. “I don’t really want to talk too much about it right now. But Texas is a great university. The coaches and the players were all very welcoming.”