2023-2024 Season

Sling Tv Orange with Sports Pack has Pac-12 Arizona. Guide shows Texas at Arizona to be televised at 8:00 pm.
So in other words, we'll have to hope it gets replayed somewhere, somehow. My experience with the Pac-12 network:
1. A blank screen where the game is supposed to be
2. A completely different game than what is listed in the guide
3. The game, but grainy with snow or random white streaks across the screen
4. 8 options called the "Pac-12" network and none of them show anything other than "Contact your provider"

Moved up to #5 in AP poll. How many expected us to be ranked ahead of LSU today?
1 S Carolina
2 UCLA
3 NCSt
4 Iowa
5 Texas
6 Southern Cal
7 LSU
8 Colorado
9 Stanford
10 Baylor
13 KSU
17 UConn
I actually expected Texas to be about No. 7, so this was a surprise.

I actually expected Texas to be about No. 7, so this was a surprise.
UConn at #17 is a joke... that's a Top 10 team that's played a REALLY tough schedule. My guess is that lots of folks grew tired of their complete dominance of the sport in previous years (I know I did), and are anxious to see them fall. I'm not because I think they brought recognition to the sport, but I am very happy to see the parity that now exists.

If anybody thinks UCONN won't get to the Sweet 16 (playing to their current ranking), I'm happy to announce my oceanfront property in Mesa, AZ is about to hit the market, CHEAP!

Regarding the PAC 12 Network it is on Fubu which I signed up for in anticipation of this last weekend to watch the Big 12 football championship and to record the UCONN game so I could watch the replay since I attended the game.

I did watch the replay on Fubu Sunday night. It was fine and included the studio halftime show but I experienced a lot of buffering but it could be due to my 64GB iPad and the hotel WiFi I don’t know I’m not smart that way.

The Fubu guide is only one week in advance so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see if the Arizona game is being broadcast.

So in other words, we'll have to hope it gets replayed somewhere, somehow. My experience with the Pac-12 network:
4. 8 options called the "Pac-12" network and none of them show anything other than "Contact your provider"
I watched some PAC 12 games on Fubo w/o problems last year. Cancelled Fubo last Spring. If they let me do another free trial, I might do that. The amount of money my household pays for cable (spouse wants it,) internet, plus various streaming services is unconscionable. Not buying more. I was so happy the Thanksgiving tourney games were on ESPN which I already have. My resolve was not put to the test.

I watched some PAC 12 games on Fubo w/o problems last year. Cancelled Fubo last Spring. If they let me do another free trial, I might do that. The amount of money my household pays for cable (spouse wants it,) internet, plus various streaming services is unconscionable. Not buying more. I was so happy the Thanksgiving tourney games were on ESPN which I already have. My resolve was not put to the test.
I've had zero problems with the PAC 12 Network on Sling thus far. Of course, I have very few occasions to watch that channel.

Funny. However, I am currently watching the BYU/Utah WBB game on the PAC12 network now with a clear picture and decent announcers. I’m probably paying too much, but Spectrum with the Sports Package and ESPN+ has meant I haven’t missed a game (home or away) in several seasons. The Sports Package has the SEC network too so hoping it works just as well next season. Most new TVs let you screen connect so I can usually still watch the games when traveling using the Spectrum or ESPN app. It is possible that I have a problem and need to work with a therapist about my obsession with the sport.

No doubt fun to look at, Crème’s predictions tend to be meaningless almost right up until the selection show. He usually has most of the obvious teams rightly selected, but most of the seedings wrong. For example, he correctly has Texas in the mix right now, but he doesn’t have us listed as the overall number one seed which we undoubtedly will be. :smokin:

No doubt fun to look at, Crème’s predictions tend to be meaningless almost right up until the selection show. He usually has most of the obvious teams rightly selected, but most of the seedings wrong. For example, he correctly has Texas in the mix right now, but he doesn’t have us listed as the overall number one seed which we undoubtedly will be. :smokin:
An unusual and refreshing note of optimism. :bow:

High praise today for Harmon and Horns from ESPN panel. Horns a consensus Final Four projection. (That's almost as scary as being No. 3 preseason last year.:eek:). Hopefully, we'll really cement those sentiments after the end of month two.

I was watching ESPN a couple days ago, and the news at the bottom of the screen said that Texas has shot down five places in that women's bball rankings. It was clear that what they ment was Texas had shot up in the rankings. Then I thought was this just an inexperienced writer, or was this wishful thinking. Or, was this a hate Texas crime.

I hope you are referring to the board in general and not me. I’m one of the original “sunshine pumpers” with orange colored glasses frequently in place. :beertoast:

Not that I recall during the Renaissance era and Karen "Ashton" era. lol.

Not that I recall during the Renaissance era and Karen "Ashton" era. lol.
Yes during Aston’s dismal first season. And I openly ate crow and apologized for not giving her opportunity to prove herself. I’ve been posting since before Jody retired. I almost always predict a win even when the odds are against us.

One can’t win on this board.You get called a sunshine pumper and then when you pump the Negative Nellys act all surprised. :idk:

Last edited:
I hope you are referring to the board in general and not me. I’m one of the original “sunshine pumpers” with orange colored glasses frequently in place. :beertoast:
Yes, I appreciate that. I was referring to the Board in general.

The coaches and the players are fallible, but that seldom is taken into account by the few that demand perfection. Whereas I think hoping for perfection is OK, expecting it of others if a tough way to live.

I think a #1 seed is plausible this year, as is a Final 4 appearance. At the least, Texas should be a tough out.

Last edited:
Uneventful week as far as the rankings go. Absolutely no change in #1 to #11. Texas still at #5 and K-State moved up 1 to #12.

Still only 3 Big12 teams in Top 25. Only 2 SEC teams.

Why Texas' Rori Harmon is the country's best two-way guard

Rori is definitely “on the map” this season
She has become so comfortable with her pull-up jumper within 15 feet. And crafty at making space to launch it.

I presume few people believed me when I suggested that Rori may be the best shooter on the team after observing her at preseason practice. Her 50.8 FG% leads the guards, except for Jordana who only has 15 shots. A sight to behold.

Last edited:
For those that have complained about our mediocre schedule, personified by the 0-9 Vaqueros tomorrow, the picture changes after Jackson State on Dec. 27.

Beginning with Baylor on Dec. 30, the W/L record of our next four opponents is a combined 41-0. Followed by K-State at 11-1.

These first five B12 contests encompass a great opportunity to set the tone for the Big12 championship.

Last edited:
I'm suprised so many here are giving up on our team and season so quickly. First there has been no new about Rori. Hopefully its nothing season ending. We are a team, more than just one person. I'm pretty sure no matter what Coach and the entire team have not given up on nothing. This is a good team. I beleive we will be just fine until we are not. Can't speak for anyone but I'm All In.:bevo:

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back