2024 Recruiting - WBB

Just scanning the last few box scores, Justin C seems back in the groove. Scoring 26 pts in last game. Early in the season. She looked a little hesitant. And rightfully so. I wonder if Schaefer is recruiting her sister who is a sophomore and averaging 15 per game.

Lee and Carlton will be dynamite additions. The recent report on Lee indicates she needs to be working on 3 point shot. Would be nice if both Lee and Carlton turned out to be 3 point threats.

Carlton's perimeter shooting is what excites me. While she can play inside (where we seem to be loaded at PF), getting another player who can consistently shoot those mid-range jumpers like Booker can be such an advantage, especially against a zone defense.
I just dont see the long range game as something Vic likes. I could be wrong but he seems to prefer the more physical game. We have had some good shooters but that is not a staple of Vics teams. Defense and scoring in the paint are.

I’m starting again to wonder what Schaefer will do at 5 next year. Jones will be gone. Gaston is an average height 5 and can’t stay healthy. And cant really plan on getting anything out of Boutilier. She hasn’t played in over two years. And Faye now has a question mark. Overall, Horns will have team size but need someone of the 6’-4’” persuasion. Carlton gives some physicality at the 3 or 4. Lee gives more size at the 2. Transfer is only thing left. It’s early to be realistic about any options. Wish ya’ll would find that aircraft carrier transfer for Schaefer.

I’m starting again to wonder what Schaefer will do at 5 next year. Jones will be gone. Gaston is an average height 5 and can’t stay healthy. And cant really plan on getting anything out of Boutilier. She hasn’t played in over two years. And Faye now has a question mark. Overall, Horns will have team size but need someone of the 6’-4’” persuasion. Carlton gives some physicality at the 3 or 4. Lee gives more size at the 2. Transfer is only thing left. It’s early to be realistic about any options. Wish ya’ll would find that aircraft carrier transfer for Schaefer.
Don’t forget Herron. She has shown real promise. Also, Jones could come back another year? Was a freshman in 2019 but one redshirt year plus the Covid year would allow her to play one more year (her 6th in college).

I do not recall an explicit statement from Coach on the matter, but the evidence suggests Taylor will be back if she wants her Covid year. And as hoopsalot suggested, Tiona is the heir apparent if her recovery and conditioning continues apace.

Last edited:
Don’t forget Herron. She has shown real promise. Also, Jones could come back another year? Was a freshman in 2019 but one redshirt year plus the Covid year would allow her to play one more year (her 6th in college).
Not sure about Jones being that she has had quite a few injuries herself. If there's a five in the portal that fits our style and needs, I think we should pursue very enthusiastically.

Already?

We're ALWAYS talking and speculating about recruiting. It never ends... neither on this board nor in reality. According to one of Vic's pressers (maybe the KSU post game) he was scheduled for a recruiting trip early last week.

We're ALWAYS talking and speculating about recruiting. It never ends... neither on this board nor in reality. According to one of Vic's pressers (maybe the KSU post game) he was scheduled for a recruiting trip early last week.
brnkj, I'm just settling in on this season. Enjoying what we are doing on the court now. If I start to speculate about next year I would cheat myself the beauty of this year. I read somewhere about how Justice game would fit into Coach system....I have the whole summer get into that.
2024 Hookem :bevo:

Seven Lakes won first two playoff games big. Play Tuesday night. I couldn’t find any stats for Carlton but should be significant based on high scores.

Katy Seven Lakes won big against Ridge Point but no box score. In the area round, Justice and Madison Carlton both had 24 points in second round playoff against Jersey Village. It appears J Carlton is not letting recovering knee slow her down much.

Katy Seven Lakes won by about 6 tonight 81-75. So Carlton is still playing. Guess you’d say the regional semi’s on Friday. No box score on how tge Carlton sisters played.

The Carlton sisters play well together. Sure wish could see Fridays game. I’ll wonder again…..if Schaefer is recruiting little Sis Madison. Justice is tremendous but Madison has game too.

The Carlton sisters play well together. Sure wish could see Fridays game. I’ll wonder again…..if Schaefer is recruiting little Sis Madison. Justice is tremendous but Madison has game too.
Lil sis may be a top-tier recruit by the time she graduates.

Couple of years ago they were both here for a recruiting trip together. May have been a Red River Shootout football game. Took me the longest time to figure out who she was. Whomever posted it didn't present them as sisters.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back