2025 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Oct 20, 2021.

1. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Btw this playoff game is a rematch from last year’s playoff game that Monterey won in 5 overtimes. Epic!

• Like Like x 2
  2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Same for me. Unfortunately we only know the Amarillo score, Monterey’s score is obstructed

4. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Ok we now have announcers and the score on screen after technical difficulties. Almost halftime

• Like Like x 1
  5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I especially liked the first 8-10 minutes when the camera never followed the action, showing the same ~70% of the court.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Me too! I’m very proud of myself hanging in there with hopes of improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Chavez is literally playing 1 vs 5:D her teammates are basically there to throw her the ball in. It’s literally come up the court make a move and pull up. I will say she can shoot the lights out the ball

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

It’s too bad Monterey has given up so many layups in the 4th Qtr. Amarillo’s little 5’3” guard (Graves) has been deadly with the post moves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Amarillo wins by 7. Chavez gets 50 of Monterey’s 68.

• Like Like x 2
  10. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Amarillo definitely had the best team, Monterey the best player

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm assuming she's talking about Chavez:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Yup, can't directly reference a recruit until she signs. I wonder jf any of the coaches went up to the game?

13. hornsup1986

hornsup1986 25+ Posts

Blair was there.

• Like Like x 6
  14. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

16. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I’m getting a little antsy. No commits for 2025 so far. We’re into March and LOTS of folks recruiting Chavez. In several pages back, there was mention of Crump and Alexander being recruited an/or being on campus. Anybody got any updated inside info on these or others. Seems like things should be breaking in the next few months. What does Schaefer do if Chavez commits to LSU or SC or others? Is there a fall back plan at the point?

17. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Good question on Chavez. How would Vic handle her occassional show boating ? Would he have to corral her game ?.
    Is her game better suited for LSU ?

18. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

We had no commits going into the fall last year, and then, all of a sudden, we had the #1 class by the end of September. So we just have to let this thing play out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Assuming we will have 5 players (Moore, Harmon, Jones, Gaston, and Holle) finishing their careers at Texas in 2024-25, that means the 2025 recruiting class could be a big one numbers-wise, but a very important one depending on what happens this offseason withy outgoing/incoming transfer players.

Obviously, PG Aaliyah Chavez is the main target. It will be interesting to see if she makes any visits during her upcoming Spring break.

In addition to Chavez, I would think the following in-state recruits could still be Texas targets:

6'2 W/F Ayla McDowell
    5'11 G Aniya Foy

The state of Oklahoma has 7 players ranked in ESPN's Top 60. Some have given commitments to schools like OU, Baylor and Oregon; Keely Parks visited us a year or so ago, but her list of finalists did not include Texas. Don't recall any others having visited Texas.

Several elite out of state recruits did visit Texas last Spring/Summer. Not sure if any made their way for a visit to attend one of our games this season; so, that makes me wonder if we are under serious consideration by any of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. hornsup1986

hornsup1986 25+ Posts

I’m not sure you can count on Moore and Harmon leaving after the 2024-2025 season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'd love for them to return, but we have no idea if they want to, or if the NCAA would approve a waiver for them. Plus, I don't believe the waiver can even be submitted until after their normal senior season concludes.

Meanwhile, the 2025 recruits will sign their LOI's in about 8 months.

23. hornsup1986

hornsup1986 25+ Posts

Moore’s extra year has already been granted. Vic mentioned at a luncheon a couple of weeks ago that they would petition the NCAA soon.

• Like Like x 4
  24. hornsup1986

hornsup1986 25+ Posts

*petition for Rori soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

That's great news! I must have missed that. It definitely helps the staff with assessing the future recruiting needs for 2025-26.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

:pray-hands::pray-hands::pray-hands:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Texashorns2022

Texashorns2022 100+ Posts

Blaire and rori said on her Ig story the other week that rori will be back for 2yrs

• Like Like x 2
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Okay, then. Let's look at possible 2025 roster to determine possible scholarship availability:

PG: Rori Harmon
    G: Gisella Maul; Jordana Codio; Bryanna Preston
    W: Madison Booker; Ndjakalenga; Jordan Lee
    PF: Aaliyah Moore, Amina Muhammad; Justice Carlton
    C: Abby Boutilier; Tionna Herron

That's 12 at most as of now on the projected 2025-26 roster. That would leave room for 3 additions as of right now.

29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  30. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I will say it again...we must win our state. Elite talent should play in the state of Texas. :bevo: