2025 Recruiting - WBB

Chavez is literally playing 1 vs 5:D her teammates are basically there to throw her the ball in. It’s literally come up the court make a move and pull up. I will say she can shoot the lights out the ball

It’s too bad Monterey has given up so many layups in the 4th Qtr. Amarillo’s little 5’3” guard (Graves) has been deadly with the post moves.

I’m getting a little antsy. No commits for 2025 so far. We’re into March and LOTS of folks recruiting Chavez. In several pages back, there was mention of Crump and Alexander being recruited an/or being on campus. Anybody got any updated inside info on these or others. Seems like things should be breaking in the next few months. What does Schaefer do if Chavez commits to LSU or SC or others? Is there a fall back plan at the point?

I’m getting a little antsy. No commits for 2025 so far. We’re into March and LOTS of folks recruiting Chavez. In several pages back, there was mention of Crump and Alexander being recruited an/or being on campus. Anybody got any updated inside info on these or others. Seems like things should be breaking in the next few months. What does Schaefer do if Chavez commits to LSU or SC or others? Is there a fall back plan at the point?

Good question on Chavez. How would Vic handle her occassional show boating ? Would he have to corral her game ?.
Is her game better suited for LSU ?

We had no commits going into the fall last year, and then, all of a sudden, we had the #1 class by the end of September. So we just have to let this thing play out.

Assuming we will have 5 players (Moore, Harmon, Jones, Gaston, and Holle) finishing their careers at Texas in 2024-25, that means the 2025 recruiting class could be a big one numbers-wise, but a very important one depending on what happens this offseason withy outgoing/incoming transfer players.

Obviously, PG Aaliyah Chavez is the main target. It will be interesting to see if she makes any visits during her upcoming Spring break.

In addition to Chavez, I would think the following in-state recruits could still be Texas targets:

6'2 W/F Ayla McDowell
5'11 G Aniya Foy

The state of Oklahoma has 7 players ranked in ESPN's Top 60. Some have given commitments to schools like OU, Baylor and Oregon; Keely Parks visited us a year or so ago, but her list of finalists did not include Texas. Don't recall any others having visited Texas.

Several elite out of state recruits did visit Texas last Spring/Summer. Not sure if any made their way for a visit to attend one of our games this season; so, that makes me wonder if we are under serious consideration by any of them.

I’m not sure you can count on Moore and Harmon leaving after the 2024-2025 season.
I'd love for them to return, but we have no idea if they want to, or if the NCAA would approve a waiver for them. Plus, I don't believe the waiver can even be submitted until after their normal senior season concludes.

Meanwhile, the 2025 recruits will sign their LOI's in about 8 months.

Okay, then. Let's look at possible 2025 roster to determine possible scholarship availability:

PG: Rori Harmon
G: Gisella Maul; Jordana Codio; Bryanna Preston
W: Madison Booker; Ndjakalenga; Jordan Lee
PF: Aaliyah Moore, Amina Muhammad; Justice Carlton
C: Abby Boutilier; Tionna Herron

That's 12 at most as of now on the projected 2025-26 roster. That would leave room for 3 additions as of right now.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back