Eclipse 2024

Dionysus

Idoit
Admin
Anyone traveling to see the eclipse tomorrow?

We’re going to make the trek from Katy to Waco, hopefully get to Cameron Park if we’re early enough. I don’t know if that’s a great place to do it but it’s what we’ve settled on for now. We want to see the total thing so we have to hit the road.

NFUYCBJTIVLEBCKZ57WLISUJF4-2065975940.jpg

No issue for me, Dion - Arlington is in the path of totality. I can watch it from my yard. Our Senior Mens Golf Association has a scramble scheduled for tomorrow -we've moved the tee time to 0730 (shotgun start) so we can be done in time to watch the eclipse.

I'll be working in Austin and will probably step outside for a few minutes to see it. People are nuts here. I can't believe how many people have come to Austin this weekend for various reasons.

• The eclipse - estimated 100,000 - 200,000 people
  • Texas Relays - 50,000 people
  • CMT Awards - 20,000 people
  • Capitol 10k - 20,000 people
  • Tx vs OU softball - a couple thousand
  • Tx vs BYU baseball - a couple thousand
  • Texas football recruit weekend
  • The Rosedale ride which is a 63 mile bike ride around East Austin and suburbs clogging up roads yesterday
It's like everyone thought "hey how cool would it be to schedule our event during the eclipse weekend". Its madness here.

I don’t mind the drive and my wife and kids are pretty excited to see it. Mostly I just hope the weather is favorable for viewing, but if it’s not then so be it. Maybe the road trip will be fun.

I drove to Austin on Sunday afternoon with wife and 3 out of 4 kids. Staying in a hotel tonight. We will drive closer to Waco on Monday morning, but staying on the west side of I-35. I am very concerned about traffic, especially folks coming up from Houston. I am thinking one long traffic jam.

Went from Lockhart to Westlake for viewing at the sister in law's house. Hoping for no more than 2 hours to return 35 miles back home.

Just got to Cameron Park, not too crowded yet, got a good spot next to the river. We’re.looking forward to the eclipse if the clouds break up a little.lots of blue sky right now.

Just got to Cameron Park, not too crowded yet, got a good spot next to the river. We’re.looking forward to the eclipse if the clouds break up a little.lots of blue sky right now.
We drove up 183 and then turned to drive to copperas cove and Gatesville. Zero traffic. Got to Gatesville at 10 am. Paid to park at the city park to watch the eclipse

Am sitting in my backyard.Perfectly clear and unobstructed. Looks like Pacman now

now 6 min to totality. everything quiet now

Last edited:
N. Tex. Total eclipse - ring of fire - viewed for about 4-5 minutes with in and out cloud cover, obscuring it for about 1/3 of the time. Impressive ring. Didn't get quite as dark as I had expected outside.

It was more emotional than I expected. Had total totality here. Took a pic which the experts said was ok during totality. The pic looks like a full sun BUT it was during totality. will post it later.

ps and yet Amazon delivered a package :yes:

Last edited:
The totality was so beautiful and everyone around us was clapping or ooh-aah and the temperature dropped noticeably for a while. It was really a great experience.

Got quiet at my house in Arlington. No birds, nothing. Our solar lights and the streetlight came on. My son had a filter and got some good shots. I will try to post them later.

I forgot how an eclipse works with shadows. These are from my front porch and front walk.

Front Porch.PNG

Front Walk.jpg

Front Walk 2.jpg

There was a row of ants going across our front walkway in one direction. Right after the full eclipse, as I was walking back, I noticed they were confused. About 1/2 were still going in the original direction, and half were going in the opposite direction. And they were running into each other.

There was a row of ants going across our front walkway in one direction. Right after the full eclipse, as I was walking back, I noticed they were confused. About 1/2 were still going in the original direction, and half were going in the opposite direction. And they were running into each other.
aggy band ants...

My son had a filter on his phone and took these pictures. The dot you see near the eclipse is Venus.

Eclipse 1.jpg
Eclipse 2.jpg
Eclipse 3.jpg

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back